Grapefruit Rosé Sangria Infused with Basil Simple Syrup
Are you looking for a fresh and delicious spring and summer cocktail? Then this sweet and tangy, fresh grapefruit juice and rosé sangria is for you. It's easy to make, refreshing and crowd pleasing!!!
IT’S SANGRIA SEASON!
HOW TO MAKE GRAPEFRUIT AND ROSE SANGRIA
This Grapefruit Rosé Sangria has everything you want in a summer cocktail - it's refreshing, delicious, not too sweet and packs a punch for the taste buds!
· 1 bottle of your favorite rosé wine
· 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
· 1 oz. Cointreau Liqueur
· 1 oz. Licor 43
· 1 oz. Malibu Caribbean Rum w. Coconut Liqueur
· 1 grapefruit - thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces. Plus more for garnish
· 1 lime (to mix zest with sugar and decorate glass rim)
· 2 tablespoons sugar (to mix with lime zest and decorate glass rim)
· simple syrup - to taste
· few basil leaves (to add to simple syrup and garnish drink)
· few mint leaves (to garnish drink)
· 1 can gingerale -to top up glasses
1. Place grapefruit slices in large pitcher. Add basil leaves and gently
muddle with a wooden spoon to release flavors.
2. Pour wine, grapefruit juice, Cointreau, Licor 43, and Malibu Caribbean
Rum in pitcher and stir. Add simple syrup to taste.
3. Place in fridge for 3 hours or overnight (or enjoy right away if you
want). Stir again when ready to enjoy.
4. Place sugar and lemon zest on small plate. Take a piece of the lime
and moisten the rim of the glass. Next, you want to evenly dip the rim
into sugar mixture.
5. Pour sangria mixture into glasses, filling about 3/4 of the way up. Top
with a splash of ginger ale, crushed ice, and garnish with fresh basil,
mint and a grapefruit slice. Enjoy!