Frozen Watermelon & Strawberry Margarita
Hello everyone. If you are looking for Cinco De Mayo party food ideas, then I have you covered beginning with this refreshing and super easy Frozen Watermelon and Strawberry Margarita.
Exactly what you need to get the Cinco de Mayo celebrations started. The best part about this margarita is that all the ingredients are all thrown together in the blender and your drink is done is a matter of minutes... How easy is that!!
It's been all about Cinco de Mayo prep in our home. Soft shrimp tacos with mango salsa, guacamole with chunks of fresh pineapple and chunky fresh salsa just for starters. But today, it is all about this beautiful and delicious Frozen Watermelon & Strawberry Margarita. Not a boring recipe in the bunch!!! These are all fun and tasty party foods for sure that your guests will love and I am sharing them all this week. It may be April, but Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I will keep those recipes coming.
I can definitely use one of these pretty frozen margaritas right now and would love for you to join me. Have fun creating!!!
EASY FROZEN WATERMELON and strawberry MARGARITA RECIPE
- 2 1/2 cups seedless watermelon (rind removed and cubed)
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (cleaned and cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup good quality Tequila (You can omit if you do not drink alcohol)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar - very important!! (simple syrup or sugar of choice)
- 2 cups ice (or more as needed)
- Lime wedges (For garnish)
- Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 2 hours (optional but makes it even better)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth. Add more ice if needed to get the consistency you like.
- Pour into salt or sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Decorate with Fiesta Umbrella Picks and watermelon wedges.