Elegant Fall Table Setting In The Woods

Hello.  I hope you are having a great weekend so far!!  If you are a regular follower, then you already know about my passion for setting tables and my affection for autumn.  As much as I enjoy summer, it is nice to take a break from the heat of summer and give welcome the cool breezes that the autumn season brings.

Fall is also about coziness and relaxed outdoor gatherings.  It is about comfort foods, warm candlelight and enjoying natures vibrant color palette.  Elements which inspired me to create this fall table in the woods.  I have to admit, I had  lots of fun creating this table because it decided to set this table at a park nearby which is by the river...  A serene and relaxing place to visit.  

I am not saying that you need a fancy table to enjoy a relaxing day in the park.  My intention is only to inspire but I did want to re-create a Ralph Lauren - Town & Country inspired Tablescape in the woods. I wish you were here to see it and to enjoy the magnificent scenic trails riverside.

Thank goodness that Mr. Rosemary & Thyme is always ready for one of my adventures.  He is my biggest supporter and the first one to pack my props when I take my entertaining on the road.

For this table, textures and accessories and styles were key in achieving my Town and Country woodsy theme.  A creamy tablecloth layered with a stripped napkin set the stage for the pieces that will come together to create by table by the woods.  






A favorite silk floral arrangement with tones of burnt orange, earthy greens and browns inspired my color palette.  







Stripped napkins in shades of cream, brown and taupe take my place setting from plain and bare to classic and tasteful.  Wooden chargers add texture while a mix of Lenox china bring interest and elegance.


Crystal wine glasses and amber water glasses offer endless appeal. 



I always like to add napkin rings to my place setting.  They are jewelry for the table, add personality and allow you to reflect the mood of your table.










Remember that it is the small and eye-catching details will make your table stylish and unforgettable!!!  But above all, remember to have fun.  Don't fuss too much!! Here's to entertaining in style!!!


Featured:

Tablecloth:  Home Goods
Napkins:  William Sonoma
Napkin Rings:  Pier 1
Wood Chargers"  Home Goods
Brown Plate Charger:  Lenox (Marchesa)
Monogrammed Plate:  Lenox 
Gold Flatware:  Lenox Imperial Caviar by Marchesa
Wine Goblet:  Eternal Gold by Lenox
Water Goblet:  Christmas Shop



Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you all have a great week.


Janet



Comments

  1. Janet your fall table is just beautiful ! It would be wonderful to have tea or any meal at that table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia,

      I hope you are having a lovely fall... It makes me happy to know that you enjoyed my fall table in the woods. I agree, this table would be fitting for tea or any meal. I do love fall...

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Oh, for goodness sake!!! This is beautiful! You were going for a Ralph Lauren look, and you nailed it head on!!! Wow! First, kudos to your husband for helping you out. Mine does the same, and it makes life SO much easier (and saves wear & tear on my old body!). The location of your tablescape is key to making it extra special. Outdoors in a lovely spot by the river. (I will admit the old SNL Matt Foley skit "...in a van down by the river!" popped in my head, but quickly dissipated with all the loveliness of your creation!) Your dishes and flatware are just gorgeous!!! Anything monogrammed is A-1 in my book, and these are top notch. Very refined! This is just beautiful in every way. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janet,
    I've been missing you and your wonderful blog posts so much, cherished friend !

    Sincerely grateful for all the Beauty you always share,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dany,

      I have missed you as well sweet friend. Your words always inspire me ! You are such a poet. I have been working on a few projects that keep me from blogging but please know that I appreciate your friendship more than you know. Thank you for stopping by to say hello.

      Hugs from across the pond.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Dear friend, you always outdo yourself, you are the best tablescaper, I love everything you do. Your table outdoors is so warm, lovely and inviting. I love the topper and the white and black plates.
    Abrazos grandes.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, this is perfectly aligned with my taste and style - a great mix of masculine/feminine appeal. I was working on a table with similar appeal over the weekend. Your monogrammed china is gorgeous, and the brown charger plate lined with gold equally so. Perfect setting, arrangment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fantastic. i love the ralph lauren feel. i really like the chargers & the monogrammed plates are perfect. lovely. xo- maryjo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ALWAYS inspire me! Love this table setting and I really need those napkin rings! LOL! Such a lovely place in the woods too. WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how beautiful your table setting looks for fall Janet. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J. enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeously creative and perfect for the setting! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! I live in the woods too and could just see a beautiful dinner like this in my back yard! Love your layers of dishes, your plaids and that pheasant! ~Kristin www.whitearrowshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adore your woodsland Fall table............it is really beautiful
    and it would also be a wonderful table for the men in our lives for a
    birthday or promotion dinner . It screams fall in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the colors in the napkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words.

      Janet

      Delete
  13. Janet, it's absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Sunday from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's Showcase. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-8-23/ Have a beautiful week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely setting for a gathering of friends and family. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  15. I came back to pin this loveliness and wanted to see it once more...it is absolutely marvelous. You should work for RL dear friend.
    So nice you have Mr. R & T to be a great supported. Mr. Living is too, but I doubt he will want to schlepp everything by the river near by heheheee
    Happy Thanksgiving querida amiguita.
    Abrazos grandes,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts