Apple Scone Recipe

Hello everyone.  I spent the day in our kitchen cooking and baking for our family!  It is one of the things that I love most!  After all, fall is my favorite time of the year to be in the kitchen.  And with an overstock of apples, I decided to bake a batch of fresh apple scones.  I don't know why, but I have been craving these for a while now.  

Don't you just love the scent of fall in your kitchen?  What can be better than a fresh cup of coffee and a moist and flavorful Apple Scone on a cool autumn afternoon!  You just know that it's going to be the perfect day...

Today, I am happy to share this easy and yummy recipe that I whipped up this morning.  Fresh diced apple with orange zest complement each other beautifully. The maple glaze takes these scones to the next level.  I must confess, these beauties might just be my new favorite treat with my morning coffee.  So give them a try.  I know you will thank me later!!!
















  • TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.                                  YIELD:12 servings

  • Ingredients

    • 3 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
    • 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 3/4 cup cold butter 
    • 1 cup buttermilk
    • 1 cup fresh chopped apples (I used two apples for mine)
    • 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
    • 1 tablespoon milk
    • 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
    • 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice


    Directions
    • 1.  In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter. Stir in the buttermilk just until combined. Fold in the cranberries and orange peel. Turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a ball and pat into a 6-in. circle.
    • 2.  Cut each circle into six wedges. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over scones. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.





  • Maple Glaze
    • 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
    • to 3 tablespoons milk
    • 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
    • Pinch of salt

  • Now, it’s time to pour a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy these delicious Apple Scones.
  • Thank you for taking the time to  visit me.  I truly appreciate your continued blogging friendship.
  • Have a great week.
  • Janet

  • Comments

    1. You had me at apples, orange zest, and maple glaze. Very nice!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Too funny Deborah. Thank you so much.

        Janet

        Delete
    2. Oh Janet, doesn't that look yummy??? It's perfect for breakfast and for afternoon tea. I bet your home smelled absolutely
      wonderful baking those scones! MMMMMMM! Thanks for sharing your recipe - I always enjoy trying new variations.

      Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hello Michele,

        Thank you so much. And yes, the house smelled amazing when I was baking these delicious scones. Please give them a try.

        Wishing you a lovely week,

        Janet

        Delete
    3. Bonjour,

      En admirant vos photos et en lisant votre recette, cela me donne envie de déguster cette douceur.
      Merci pour le partage.

      Gros bisous 🌸

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Bonjour Martine,

        Thank you for visiting me sweet friend. You are very kind.

        Merci,

        Janet

        Delete
    4. Pinned! Sounds amazing! :)

      I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

      Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hello Jessica. Thank you. It is my pleasure.

        Janet

        Delete
    5. These look amazing! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts