A Spring Floral Arrangement Tutorial

Hello everyone.  I hope you are all having a restful Sunday.

For those of you that follow my blog, you know that I have special passion for flowers.  I love creating little works of art that capture the blooms perfect beauty and vibrancy.

I am not a professional florist at all.  In fact, making my own floral arrangements came out of pure necessity.  As a table stylist, floral arrangements are a must and since the costs of purchasing fresh flowers from the florist can be very costly, I had to learn to make my own.

Today, I am very excited to bring you a very dramatic and beautiful floral arrangement tutorial consisting of all my favorite spring flowers and asparagus. I used a mix of Lilacs, Ranunculus, Roses and Freesia but you can use any flower you choose. 

This arrangement is perfect of anyone planning a ladies luncheon, spring celebration or setting a pretty table to honor Mom on Mother's Day.  And it is simpler than it looks.  Just follow my step by step instructions and you too will have a floral arrangement that will wow of your family and friends...

Lets get started.....








List of Materials



  1. Flowers
  2. Fresh Asparagus (1 bundle)
  3. Ribbon
  4. Rubber Bands (2)
  5. Scissors or Shears
  6. Knife
  7. Cutting Board
  8. Glass Jar or Vase








Instructions


Place the two rubber bands over the glass vase - one near the top and one near the bottom to support the asparagus.

I used this simple glass canister as a vase.  I have used this glass container for so many arrangements.  It is an ideal size and has a wide opening.




Measure height of asparagus against the vase and determine where you will need to cut to achieve desired height.










Now that you have determined your desired height, be sure to cut enough of the asparagus to cover the entire vase.




Take a stalk of asparagus and tuck it under each rubber band so that it stands straight up against the glass vase.  Now continue the same step around the vase adding asparagus stalks.Be sure that each one is placed tightly against one another trying to cover any gaps until the entire vase is covered. 







Fill you container/vase with water.





Begin filling container/vase with fresh flowers..  I started with Lilacs because I love the way they drape over the sides of the vase.







Continue adding flowers.  Keep in mind shape, height and color.  Cut the stems if they are too tall.


Be sure that the flowers fit tightly.  



There is no particular order here.  Just what feels pleasing and visually correct in your eyes.  If it works for you and it makes you happy then you have the perfect centerpiece.




Now we need to cover the rubber bands.  I used a pink and white check ribbon and wrapped it around the center to cover the rubber bands.  Tie a simple knot on the back and tuck the ends under the ribbon and you are done.  Now wasn't this simple?







I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  It is a wonderful tribute to all the beautiful and vibrant flowers of spring.

Thank you for visiting.


Wishing you a great week.


Janet





Comments

  1. This great tutorial has given me so many additional ideas. Thank you for the inspiration. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth,

      Thank you so much. It make me very happy to know that I have inspired you with my tutorial. That is wonderful.

      Have fun creating. I appreciate your visit and your kind words.

      Janet
      rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Draga Janet,
    Love the flowers, I'm sure you're a beautiful soul person. Very sweet and spring flower arrangement!
    Hot hugs, Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mia,

      Thank you so much. Your sweet and kind words are truly appreciated.

      Warm regards,

      Janet
      rosemary-thyme.blog.com

      Delete
  3. Oh wow dearest Janet
    This is so beautiful and I must try and see if I can make such a wonderful decoration too
    Thank you for lovely pictures and information
    I wish you a happy new week

    Lone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lone,

      I hope you had a lovely Mother's Dy. Thanks so much. I am happy to hear that I have inspired you with my tutorial. Have fun making this. The possibilities are endless.

      Have a great week,

      Janet
      rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Good Morning Janet, firstly this is a beautiful floral arrangement and secondly your tutorial is perfect.
    I love flower arranging as it gives me so much pleasure and I am so looking forward to recreating your display.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Janet ....just stunning ...I love the colors and I will definitely use the asparagus idea ..great ..I must plant a lilac bush ..hopefully it will work here in the deep South of Alabama ...such a wonderful spring flower ....great tutorial ....I enjoyed every minute of it ...thanks Janet of Maisonvogue.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I have a difficult arranging flowers to fit a vase; either I cut them too short or don't buy enough to really fill the size vase I have but this is amazing. I love lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, what a stunning arrangement...I have always loved asparagus surrounding a vase. Your tutorial is beautiful and simple to follow! Thanks for sharing...have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly amazing, such a gorgeousness and it's quite easy to realize, of course with a touch of good taste, and the idea of placing asparagus around the jar is truly terrific, thank you, dearest Janet !!!

    Hope your week is off to a great start, I'm sending blessings to you,
    thanks once again and always for such a gorgeous post which to begin a new week with !

    MUCH LOVE

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is fantastic! The flowers are gorgeous and the asparagus wrapping around the outside is amazing. I'm glad you did a tutorial because I wasn't sure how the asparagus was attached.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet, this is such a gorgeous spring floral arrangement. I love the asparagus arranged on the outside of the vase.
    Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea using the asparagus and rubber bands. My lilacs always get really sad and muchy right away after placing in a vase. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you , happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, you have a wonderful way with flowers! I will feature this Thursday at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet, this is gorgeous! I love the use of the asparagus! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial with SYC. I will be featuring you this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a truly gorgeous floral arrangement Janet and I love your use of the asparagus too!
    Thank you for sharing at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your beautiful creative project and tutorial at tonight's party... pinning too!
    Lovely as always. Hugs, Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful floral arrangement! Love the colours...
    Have a great friday and take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  17. So charming. I see this at a friends luncheon or even more special at a baby shower. The checked ribbon would be perfect! Thanks for the tip! First time viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Janet I had seen this arrangement featured all over blogland but had no idea just how clever it is. The use of asparagus? I never would have thought of that. It is of course a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty, Janet!! I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice arrangement, which could also be accomplished using faux asparagus, and not making a healthy vegetable a disposable item. Let's eat our food, not decorate with it and then toss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your arrangement is beautiful, but I have to agree with Jeff Johnston. I love asparagus and could never use it as part of a flower arrangement then toss it out. I'm much rather use faux asparagus or even pieces of branches from the yard. Other than that, I love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts