A Romantic Vintage Style Table

Wedding season right around the corner, and I have been keen on styling a table with a romantic vintage theme.  We all know that vintage themed weddings are not new. They were made popular a few years ago by what the industry calls anthropologie style weddings and now they have become very common in the wedding world.  And with good reason, vintage themed weddings are chic, timeless and very stylish.

This style of wedding is beautiful on its own, but when you add a little romance and nostalgia to the mix it becomes perfection! For this table setting, I collaborated with Lenox to showcase the gorgeous Marchesa by Lenox Painted Camellia accent plates to create a chic yet vintage style tablescape that can easily work for a wedding, bridal party, brunch or shower.

Creating a table to match your theme is part of the fun.  I always try to create an interesting table that is both stylish and inviting.  There is great pleasure in making an evening or event extra special for friends and family.  And this table is absolutely the table that I would want if I was hosting that once in a lifetime event and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you all...



When I styled this table, my goal was to give a stylish nod to the past without compromising the beauty and elegance of the Marchesa plates.  Vintage style is all about layering, mixing and matching styles, periods and embracing imperfection.  It is effortless...  And this gorgeous pattern made it easy for me to achieve that look.  Both the dinner plate and the accent plate are trimmed in 24K gold and are designed with floral blossoms in hues of pink, faded burgundy and aqua.  

My table setting began with a braided round charger underneath a Lenox Federal Gold dinner plate.  Then I added the Marchesa Painted Camellia plate on top.  The gold accent on the plates added a soft luster to the setting. And let's not forget the fabulous stemware.  For this look, I selected glasses that mirrored the colors of the plates.  A pink wine goblet and a flute with gold accents.  The gold flatware picks up the shimmer and radiance of the plates.




I used an napkin in the same pretty aqua hue that is on the Marchesa plate.  I love how that one accent brings out the color on the plate.  

A dramatic centerpiece made with roses and white freesia purchased at my local supermarket take center stage. No need for an expensive floral arrangement when you can make your own.  (see my tutorial on this centerpiece on the blog.) And because I can never have enough flowers, I made individual floral arrangements in these adorable pink votive candle handles to place at each place setting.  Clearly the flowers gravitated this table to memorable and magnificent.



A  French style picture frame and old vintage books add that old world romance to the table.  Pink candles add ambiance and softness...




















Setting tables is such a passion  for me.  And selecting the components for this table was a joy....  Delicate, vintage elements nodding to the past give this table its Romantic and Poetic signature style.

My hope is that it makes you dream away.  That is gives you inspiration and ideas for your next once in a lifetime event.

I loved having you here today.  Thank you for stopping by.


Hugs,

Janet









Comments

  1. This is definitely the style I do prefer, even if I have to admit that every table arrangement of yours is truly charming and refined and always so perfect in every detail !

    Wishing you a lovely remainder of your week, and thanking you for sharing
    I'm sending blessings to you,
    Dear, Dearest Janet

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Danny,

      This tablescape is definitely you. Lady like, delicate, sweet with lots of love for the past. Thank you for always leaving me such beautiful and kind words. They mean the world to me.

      Wishing you a productive and lovely week from across the pond.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Dearest Janet
    What a stunning table You have made. It's so beautiful and romantic. I really love your beautiful pictures and I'm so happy I found your blog. I wish you a wonderful day

    Xoxo Lone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lone,

      Thank you for stopping by to visit me. It makes me very happy to hear that you enjoyed my romantic table. I am not a professional photographer so having you compliment my photos means a lot.

      Wishing you a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Louca... You are very kind.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Janet, your tablescape is absolutely lovely. You have really styled it beautifully!

    You are right - those aqua napkins really bring out the color in those gorgeous plates.

    Well done, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, I adore this table. It is beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy,

      Thank you so much. You are very sweet and kind.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful, Janet. You are so talented with styling a table. This is very romantic, and just what I would love to see at a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Marchesa plates are stunning! I love how you styled this table with a light hand, all the pieces complement each other. There aren't any weddings coming up in our family but I'd love to dine at a table like this, just because. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely . . . and just my style. Pink and roses and vintage and romance! I have to say, Janet, I was so inspired by your new blog look I went and "spring cleaned" my blog and removed a bunch of stuff on my side-bar. But I think I overdid it, and removed a few things I shouldn't have. I think I need a re-design now. Anyway, I do like how yours looks. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Deborah. So glad to hear that I inspired you to re-vamp your blog a bit. Mine was due for one. I had too much going on. I like the fresh and clean look now. I still have to tweak a few things but overall, I am happy with the look. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you were able to add what you deleted. I did that too....lol

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and romantic and old fashioned ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, the dishes are gorgeous! I love the soft colors. Vintage styled weddings are always my favorite. I especially love the use of the old books. We recently had some vintage wedding toppers in our estate sale. I couldn't resist buying one to use in a display. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Janet. You are talented at romantic tables! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table setting is just beautiful Janet. Thanks for sharing at Cooking & Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous table setting, vintage and romantic, spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Love this- and thank you for linking up at FNF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every tablescape you create is gorgeous Janet, as is this one! I love the soft muted colour of the accent plates you've used from Lennox. Thank you for sharing at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and romantic - love the china and arrangement

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!!! You know how much I love tablescapes. Thank you for sharing at Katherines Corner TFT. You were featured and pinned xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous table! You are one of the features at The Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/05/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-8-10.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts