Sunday, February 5, 2017

Recipes ~ Creme Brulee

Happy Sunday friends.  With Valentine's day a few days away, it is time to start thinking about serving up something sweet for your sweetheart.  For me, Creme Brulee is hands down my all time favorite dessert and I am lucky enough to have a husband that loves it just as much as I do.

You see, I have long had a love affair with this sinful dessert that is worth the cheat once in a while.  There is something incredibly satisfying about the contrasting textures and flavors of this custard that is simply heavenly.

Creme Brulee can be made in a ton of flavors such as orange, chocolate, coffee, almond, raspberry, lemon but my favorite flavor will always be the traditional vanilla.  So why not indulge your sweet tooth this Valentine's day with this tasty and mouth watering dessert that will always have you craving for more.

Here is the recipe I always use.  It is the recipe used by Philadelphia Restaurant City Tavern.  It is a simple recipe to follow and comes out perfect all the time.






Creme Brulee Recipe



Ingredients

1 and 1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
3 tablesspoons of sugar, divided
4 large egg yolks
1/2 granulated sugar for browning on top (after cooked an refrigerated)


Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Place 1 cup of the heavy cream, vanilla bean and its pulp into a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and heat until you see tiny bubbles around the edge of the pan.  Remove from the heat, cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and reserve for another use.


Meanwhile, in a glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and half of the sugar until well blended and it just starts to lighten in color. Add the remainder (1/2 cup) of the cream into the egg mixture.  Slowly stir in hot cream.  A little at a time, stirring continually. Note:  I always strain the mix after I am done just to get rid of any lumps.








Pour the liquid into 3 to 4 ounce oven-safe ramekins. Place the ramekins into a large cake pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake just until the creme brulee is set, bout 25 minutes.  Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.




Remove the creme brulee from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top. Divide about 1/2 cup vanilla sugar equally among the 4 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Allow the creme brulee to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.



Decorate with fresh fruit and enjoy...







Hope you have a great week sweet friends.  Thank you for stopping by today.


Hugs,


Janet



32 comments:

  1. Love Creme brûlée!!! So tasty, worth the calories every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can never say no to a tasty creme brulee Angela. I am so week when it comes to desserts Angelina.

      Yes. Definitely worth the calories.

      Have a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. You need to share this with Rattlebridge Farm's Foodie Friday linky party, too - excellent post, thanks, have always wanted to make this fav dessert and now I plan to!

    I love the ramekins you used - where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michele,

    Thanks for the linky party info. I will add it to my list. I do love my desserts. I am so week when it comes to sweets.

    I hope you give this dessert a try. It is easy to make and so yummy. I bought the ramekins at a restaurant supply store many years ago but try checking online.

    Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a great week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desserts are my weekness also, this looks so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia,

      I have such a sweet tooth. I can never pass up a yummy dessert. Especially a creme brulee.

      Thank you for visiting.

      Have a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Yum yum yum I just loooove a well made creme brulee, and I will indeed try this recipe. Looks so delicious

    Wish you a pleasant evening
    Love Lone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lone,

      You are too funny. A well made creme brulee is always irresistible. Please do give the recipe a try. You will be very happy sweet friend.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  6. That really does look yummy, Janet. I'll pin this and maybe, hopefully, get a chance to make it this weekend. Carl LOVES creme brulee, and probably would have fun making it with me, too. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cynthia,

      I do agree. The creme brulee was too yummy to pass up. Please do give the recipe a try. Carl will be very happy.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! THIS LOOKS SO YUMMY! HUGS AND BLESSINGS, CINDY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy,

      I do agree. The creme brulee was too yummy to pass up.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  8. I love creme brulee. Yummy and the sugar crust is my favorite. Thank you for sharing this recipe at Dishing it and Digging it link party. It's great having you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vanessa,

      I do agree. The sugar crust has to be the best. Creme brulee was too yummy to pass up and worth all the calories.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  9. This sounds so delicious! I'll be making it for my hubby for Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful. I am so glad that you are giving this recipe a try. Let me know how it turns out.

      Happy Valentine's Day to you both.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  10. This looks so delicious! I love creme brulee! Thanks for the recipe <3 xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen,

      I do agree. Creme brulee is delicious and so addictive.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  11. I have never dared to make it! I don't know why exactly, just a little intimidated by it I guess! Yours looks absolutely divine and it looks surprisingly easy to make. I think I will give it a try! I do love to eat it! :)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda,

      Oh, I hope you are inspired to try this recipe. I is not difficult at all and I guarantee you that you will love the results. But I warn you, it is addictive.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  12. Beautiful dessert and your photography is really good. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela,

      Oh, I hope you are inspired to try this recipe. I is not difficult at all and I guarantee you that you will love the results.

      Thank you for stopping by and happy Valentine's Day.


      Janet

      Delete
  13. I've never made cream brulee but I love to eat it. Yours is beautifully done. Thank you for sharing your recipe at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra,

      Oh, I hope you are inspired to try this recipe. I is not difficult at all and I guarantee you that you will love the results. But I warn you, it is addictive.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  14. I always thought that using the little torch thing would be the most fun part of this, haha!! But the tasting part is pretty good too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the ultimate indulgence and I haven't made or had any in far to long. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love creme brûlée! Especially with our fresh, farm eggs! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks so amazing and sounds delicious. :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I eat supper so I can have dessert! This looks SO good!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy,

      You are a girl after my own heart. I feel exactly the same. I'll pass up supper and go straight to dessert if they let me. lol

      It is my pleasure to share my recipe at your lovely party.

      Blessings to you too,

      Jane

      Delete
  19. My recipe and yours are very close. I use a bit more sugar on mine for a browner and more carmelized crust.

    ReplyDelete