Sunday, January 15, 2017

Creating A Room For Relaxation


I always look forward to decorating for the holidays but when New Year's roll around, I am eager to put all the decorations away and tidy up around the house.


But today, I decided to enjoy a few moments of solitude and catching up with my reading in one of our guest rooms. This room has a double purpose. A guest room for family and friends a place for me to enjoy a bit of privacy and relaxation. The room has plenty of charm and sweetness. A serene space that makes it easy for anyone to take a little breather.


And that is my focus today, creating a private space for yourself in your own home. We all have such busy lives that we forget to take a few minutes for ourselves. I am so guilty of that myself but this year, I have promised myself that I will dedicate a few minutes to unwind.












This is smaller guest room in our home. We gave it a makeover a few years ago. As you may have already noticed, I have a passion for florals and romantic decor. And this room has a bit of a cottage feel. It is so dreamy!!

This room is also very bright. My goal has been to unify the rooms. It has certainly been a labor of love for the past 9 years. The antique bed and nightstands were originally dark. We painted them beige and lightly distressed them. I do not like perfect pieces. I like things to have character and a worn feel.



We chose teal bedding for a pop of color. A rattan tray holds beloved collected items such as my pink floral tea cups and vintage ladies bust. And I always have to have fresh flowers. It is my weekly indulgence.  I have fun putting together room that is insta-dreamy.


I love adding personal details in every room. Pretty pieces for guest to enjoy but I too take the time to enjoy each room in our home. After all, it is a room worth admiring.


Details are everything when decorating and creating a space for total relaxation and bliss.  And candles are always a must. They add instant ambiance to any room.











 A comfy chair next to the fireplace is the perfect spot to curl up with a book and enjoy a warm cup of tea.






And every room needs a chandelier of course



So take the time to enjoy your home. It is our largest investment and should be enjoyed not only by your family and friends, but by the people that live in it. Create a room in which you can escape to. A room to gather your thoughts and re-connect. Large or small, you deserve it.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.

Janet

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. I do appreciate your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. It is all beautiful!
    Hope you had a good rest in there.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, your tea tray is GORGEOUS!

    I don't think I could sleep for wanting to stay awake to look at it as much as possible - what a beautiful moment you have created. Love it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janet if you eve open your own Bed and Breakfast please let me know! You create dream places. Love all you do with decorations!! Hugs for you and wish you a marvelous year in 2016!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and Christmas season sweet friend and here to wish you a new year filled with happiness, health and blessings for you and yours.
    Your guest room is simply lovely. You are such an exquisite decorator and so romantic!
    Muchos abrazos,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a lovely place to take a nap and have a cup of tea. I'm with you, everything came down today, Tomorrow I have my friends son coming over to put it all in the garage and get it organized. Looks like a war was waged in there LOL.
    But, I do miss all the prettiness of Christmas.
    Enjoy the new year and here's to many beautiful post from you.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to be able to have a retreat in your own home! The pictures are simply lovely. I'd love to relax in that room. You have given me the spur to at least make a corner that feels like a mini vacation spot.

    I'm glad I took a look this morning. I feel more relaxed just looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Patty. I do appreciate your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  9. Hello Janet, what a gorgeous guest room to have some tea and nice nap! Thanks for sharing this beautiful room with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Wishing you a happy new year and wonderful week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your headboard, Janet! I so love antique white in a bedroom. Your tea tray is very pretty and those teacups; the saucers are gorgeous! I hope you enjoyed your nap in this pretty room. Thank you for sharing and Happy New Year, my friend!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Janet. You tea tray is beautiful! I also love the idea creating an oasis in your own home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margie,

      Thank you. I always try to find a bit of quiet and serenity in my own home. My best to you in the new year.

      I appreciate your visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  12. Everything is so pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. It is my pleasure to join your fun party each week.

      Janet

      Delete
  13. So serene!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Janet, your room is so very cozy and inviting. You do the most loveliest home-scapes (a made up word for the inside of the house as land-scape is to the outside *smiles*) So happy to have you share on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My darling, sweetest Jane, I'm trying to catch up !
    Forgive my delay, I feel I've neglected you and your blog, but since before than Christmas, so many things have happened that kept us so very busy ( included such a form of bad flu !) and just now we're recovering step by step with everything ....
    To be here is always a deep joy to me, the moment spent together with you, are so very precious and priceless, my blessed friend !
    Thank you for these sweet and delightsome photographs of yours, so tasteful and pretty!

    Have a most beautiful day,
    sending much love to you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your linked header on our new site directory, SiteHoundSniffs.com? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the linked header will attract more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Janet
    What an absolutely beautiful room. I can fully understand why you like being there. I wish I could visit you, and sit in that beautiful place, and enjoy a nice cup of tea with you.

    Blessings from me
    Lone

    ReplyDelete