2017 Color Of The Year

It is January and with that comes putting away all of our holiday decorations and refreshing ours homes.  One of the things I enjoy doing at the beginning of the new year is checking out all the new home decor trends in magazines and on Pinterest.  It is always fun and inspiring to see what the designers predict will be the new trends in fashion and home decor for the new year and right now, everyone seems to be loving green.  

The Pantone Color Institute has chosen "greenery" as the color for 2017.  According to Pantone, the bright yellow-green color symbolizes the "reconnection we seek with nature and all"  The color company stated that the color seeks to "revive, restore, and renew"  I don't know how true this is, but I find the green shade to be a vibrant and happy color and look forward to finding ways to incorporate it into my own home decor this year.  

I am sure there will be a table or two using the "greenery" hue or perhaps a few home decor accessories  come spring and summer. Love it or hate it, the color will be everywhere this year including fashion and home decor.   Below are a few photos I found on Pinterest using the Pantone "greenery".  





























  











What do you think?  Are you a fan?  Will you be influenced by the trend?


Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have a relaxing Sunday.


Janet



Comments

  1. This is the first time in a very long time I can get excited about a Pantone color choice, and it's not because I like the trend. I've always liked green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Greenery' is such a wonderful shade of green, darling Janet, you've an incredible good taste as an interior designer too !

    Hope your New Year is off to a good start,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you,
    may the new week ahead be filled with joy

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like green at home, but only the very light shades which give you the sense of freshness and spring gardens under a very bright sun.
    Have a lovely, new year Janet and thank you for the inspiration!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful greens. Although not one of my favorite colors I do enjoy it and appreciate it. The lighter greens are lovely! That side table is very pretty and that ton of green. Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I like the greenery color of the year... at first I thought it was too bright, but after seeing different pictures of it, I am on board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never was a fan of any color of green however I did purchase a few lime green taper candles for my candelabra this Season .
    I also just purchased a green and white check shirt
    LOL
    I don't look good in green

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green is by far my very favorite color - but wow, a chartreuse-inspired green not so much, haha. Oh well, I've always had green in my home, so maybe I will be a little closer to "in" than "out" as I am with all the grey that's been so popular. : - )

    Hope your new year is going well for you so far! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color! Fresh and Lively! Can't wait to incorporate it. I love green anyway, I have several yellow green rooms in my home. Green goes so beautifully with everything because it is the neutral base for our outdoor gardens and the backdrop for those delightful colorful blooms!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts