Thursday, December 29, 2016

Gilded Holiday Brunch



Hello to you all.  I hope you are having a great week.

I am just in love with this holiday tablescape that I created to gather with friends last week. You guys know how much I love to set a pretty table and these days, I am loving all things gold. And these white and gold plates offer the perfect mix of elegance for the festive holiday season.



I wanted to create something special and elegant.  A table that could work for the holidays but that could also work during the rest of the year.  By simply removing the gold plate charger, the table becomes neutral and classic and great for any other occasion.

The tables begins with a simple white linen tablecloth.  Next I added the gold plate chargers and placed the Lenox Federal Gold Dinner plate on top.  I then added a salad plate and butter plate to the place setting in the Lenox Casual Radiance pattern.  What a striking place setting this makes. I am in love....  Lastly, a delicate white tea cup is finishes my brunch setting and sparkly candle holders add the finishing touch.  















This spectacular cake/pastry stand came from Home Goods.  What a find!!  Is is so beautiful and elegant.



I purchased these gorgeous flowers at the New York Flower Market on a recent trip.  Let me tell you, I was like a kid in a candy store.  What an incredible selection!!!  I have never seen so many varieties of flowers in one place.  If ever you travels takes to New York City, be sure to visit.  You won't regret it.









I hope this table inspires you to add a little gold into your Holiday gathering!


Wishing you a wonderful and happy New Year's celebration.


Hugs,


Janet





21 comments:

  1. Your table looks really beautiful! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Andi. I appreciate your visit.

      Happy New Year.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, those gold plates are stunning and the rose bloom is magic!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenna,

      Thank you for visiting me and leaving me such a sweet comment. I do appreciate your kind words.

      Have a happy New Year.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. What a charm, darling, precious Janet, thank you for all the Beauty you always share, you always make my heart smile, Sweetie !

    May the New Year coming sparkle with joy and gladness, peace and health to you and yours,
    with much love and utmost gratitude

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely table setting for a brunch! I bet your friends felt very special with the effort you put into making this so nice! Well done! Happy New Year! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan,

      Thank you for visiting me and leaving me such a sweet comment. It makes me happy to know you enjoyed my pot.

      Wishing you a blessed 2017 also and thank you for all your support during 2016.


      Janet

      Delete
  5. How pretty! I love a calm look after the holidays, and while yours still has plenty of glamour, it feels calm. The cake stand is gorgeous (so are the desserts under it). Beautiful floral arrangement too. Happy New Year, Janet!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rita,

      Sorry for my delayed response. I am just catching up with my emails.

      Thank you for such kind words on my gold and white tablescape. It is always refreshing to tone things down a bit after the craziness of the holidays. I have been organizing all of our Christmas decorations so it has been super busy around our home.

      This weekend will be for resting....

      Wishing you a blessed 2017 too and thank you for your blogging friendship.

      Janet
      rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!! Happy New Year!!!All good things in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Angela,

      I am still catching up with my emails. Please forgive me.

      Thank you for always being so supportive. My blog would not be as meaningful if I didn't have all of you following me.

      Wishing you a blessed 2017.


      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  7. It certainly is elegant Janet. Love the cake stand and those roses are breathtaking!! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Happy New Year.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and appealing, I love the serenity! I particularly like the touch of gold on the vase.
    Sandra (Dinner at Eight)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I love gold for the new year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful, elegant table, and the flowers are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful and classy table. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy. I appreciate your visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  13. Beautiful and elegant and yet so simple. I love that cake stand, it is gorgeous!
    Hope you had a great C'mas season.
    Feliz, prospero y saludable año querida amiga.
    Bendiciones,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete