Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Country Christmas Tablescape


Until this Christmas, I had no idea that I was going to be having a little obsession with vintage trucks. Specifically, red pickup trucks.  Me, the queen of everything dainty and floral.  Hard to believe but it is true and decorating with vintage cars is all the rage these days.  They are everywhere!!

So today, I am sharing a table decorated with a farmhouse theme which showcases my latest find. You guess it!  A red pickup truck.  It was just too adorable to pass up.  I was not sure on how I was going to incorporate it in my decor when I first bought it since our home has a more sophisticated style but it quickly became the inspiration for all of our Christmas decorations this holiday season. And it is perfect, great patina and it already had all the pretty Christmas trees on the back of the pickup.  

My fun table begins with a distressed wood charger in antique white, topped with simple white plates and black porcelain plates decorated with different holiday phrases.  I added a black and white check napkin to give it a farmhouse/country feel.  Classic green glass and flatware complete each tablesetting.

I then placed a few clear glass candle holders along the center of the table.  A few fresh greens and ornaments give it a holiday feel.  But then the red truck takes center stage right on the center of the table.  The perfect finishing touch for this fun and happy table.









































I hope I have inspired to branch out this holiday season and experiment with something completely outside of your comfort zone.  Who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for visiting sweet friends.  Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Janet



SOURCE LIST:

Placemats:  Home Goods (A few years ago)
Flatware:  Reed & Barton
Wood Charger:  Pier 1
White Plate:  Home Goods
Salad Plate:  Pier 1
Napkin:   Made by me
Red Truck:  Home Goods






23 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I would have never thought about using black in my decorating for Christmas, but it looks fantastic! Love the way you pulled it all together Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gina,

      Thank you so much. I love pairing different colors and patterns for the holidays. They seem to work together just fine. Glad to know that you liked my red truck themed tablescape.

      Wishing you a blessed and happy 2017.

      Janet

      Delete
    2. Did you paint the black plates? Are they good safe? Love this so much!!! Thanks for sharing! Deb

      Delete
  2. Very pretty and fresh! I like the way you combined the dark coloured napkin with the red truck.Thank you for the inspiration! Happy holidays to you and your family. Tina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tina,

      Thank you so much. I love pairing different colors and patterns for the holidays. They seem to work together just fine. Glad to know that you liked my red truck themed tablescape.

      Wishing you and your family a blessed and happy 2017.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Very pretty and fresh! I like the way you combined the dark coloured napkin with the red truck.Thank you for the inspiration! Happy holidays to you and your family. Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun and happy, just as you stated, Janet. I have resisted those red trucks, but they're oh, so tempting! I know what you mean by stretching your comfort zone for the style of home you normally create. I do the same.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! The two big days are upon us - enjoy!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. Glad you stopped by for a visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  6. Love this! Merry Christmas Dear Lady! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy,

      Thank you so much. Glad to know that you liked my red truck themed tablescape.

      Wishing you and your family a blessed and happy 2017. I appreciate your blogging friendship and support.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. Ohh the red truck is adorable!!! I will forward the link to this post to my daughter so she can see it. Beautiful!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela,

      Thank you so much. I love pairing different colors and patterns for the holidays. They seem to work together just fine. Glad to know that you liked my red truck themed tablescape.

      Wishing you and your family a blessed and happy 2017.

      Janet

      Delete
  8. Such a cute table! Love the plates! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Katy. Glad to know you found my red truck themed tablescape pretty.

      Wishing you a blessed and happy 2017.

      Janet

      Delete
  10. So cute Janet! I did a truck theme on my table as well this year. Mine came from T.J. Maxx. I even found a truck runner for the kitchen. I love the plates and the addition of the black and white! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, I will feature this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Cecilia. Glad you loved my Red truck themed tablescape.

      Wishing you a blessed and happy 2017.

      Janet

      Delete
  13. I'm chuckling over here, Janet. What's so funny is I private message one of your photos to my friend to Pin. She is not a decorator at all. Her field is SEO and Social Media Strategies along with Pro Photography.

    This Christmas I was helping her virtually shop and decorate her home with a rustic style that incorporated plaid. She put together a beautiful tablescape and I just guided her on setting up the centerpiece and gave her some quick skimping tips for creating a tablerunner using older linens.

    Anyway, I was on Pinterest and saw your buffalo check print with the black seasonal plates and sent it to her saying Pin this in your board because those plates will look nice with your Tartan print plaid chargers.

    I didn't even realize it was your tablescape. You truly have some of the best and prettiest dishes in all of blogland. I just love all of your Marchesa ones. Hopefully we will get a Home Goods or TJ Maxx up here so I can pick up a few pretty sets at a good price. I love dishes so much. It's wonderful having a variety of sets for each season and holidays. Then having everyday dishwares that can be used on a whim. It's so fun.

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    oxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable Table.......love the black and red theme, and that truck and trees are so cute.
    and checks, love those anytime.......
    Such a fun table.
    Blessings for a great 2017,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete