Thursday, November 3, 2016

A Woodland Tablescape

My goodness friends, can you believe it's November already!  How quickly was that.  And you know once November comes around, the holiday season arrives in the blink of an eye.  If you are visiting me for the first time, Welcome!
Our home is always busy but it is extra crazy during the Holidays....It is when family and friends come from out of state to stay with us for the Holidays.  It is also when we go a little over the top to decorate our homes and set a pretty table.  And as all of you already know, I LOVE to decorate our dining room table.

I also realize that the Holidays can be very very stressful.  Especially when we see so much perfection on many blogs and magazines.  And just thinking about the decorating, cooking, baking and cleaning the house can be overwhelming.  But keep in mind that the true meaning of the season is about spending time with family and friends.  As much as I enjoy setting a pretty table, the most important thing to me is the people gathered around our table.  

Setting the table is something I truly enjoy to do but you can keep things simple.  An everyday white plate can go a long way too if you combine it with a festive napkin or accent plate.  The main goal is to give our entertaining stress free.  

Today I am sharing a table inspired by these gorgeous pheasant salad plates I purchased on Ebay. Such a quick way to add drama to a table.  I began by using a simple light taupe tablecloth.  I then place the wood chargers on the table and placed the brown and white dinner plates on top.  I started adding layers by placing a white and gold accent plate on top and then finished my place setting with the pheasant salad plate.  The rusty brown goblets were a perfect match and the gold flatware gave the table sparkle and elegance.  The napkins picked up all the earthy tones on the table.  For the center piece, I just used one of the wood chargers and added a few brass candle holders and faux fall picks that I had laying around the house.  A few feathers and velvet pumpkins completed the look.































I hope that enjoyed my post today and are inspired the table setting I shared. 

Thank you for stopping by.


Cheers!!

Janet


SOURCE LIST:

  • Wood chargers:  Home Goods
  • Gold Flatware:  Target
  • Goblets:  Christmas Tree Shop
  • Napkins:  William Sonoma
  • Pheasant Salad Plates:  Pottery Barn/Ebay
  • Brown Dinner Plate:  Kate Spade by Lenox (Pattern:  Laurel Canyon)
  • White and Gold Accent Plate:  Lenox (Pattern:  Federal Gold)


16 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! A pleasure to look at. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. HermosĂ­simo amiguita !

    What an amazing table and the centerpiece is awesome ! You did a fabulous job as usual. The pheasant is lovely and I love that regal bird... wish I could find a piece like that here and so are the pretty pheasant plates, adds just the perfect elegance for the Fall and Tksgiving season.
    Abrazos,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tablesetting Janet, I really love your pheasant salad plates, great for an autumn setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Janet
    What a beautiful glowing kitchen. I just love it, and its perfect for a cold november.
    I wish You a lovely weekend dear 🌸

    Love Lone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly a beautiful table for a Fall dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful salad plates are the star of this tablescape, Janet. I love eBay for so many reasons, whether it's adding to a collection, finding a quick fix or just browsing. Those really make your plate stack shine! Happy weekend!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inviting!
    I love the brown colour choice. Most of all the brown glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Janet, your table is stunning and I love those plates. You always set such a beautiful table.
    I can't believe that it's already November, what happened to October.

    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for sharing your tablescape with us.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual you amazes me with the charming passion you put in every set you give life to, dearest Janet, thank you for sharing such joyful and fascinating blog posts, ... always !

    May your November be filled with all the Serenity and all the Peace you deserve, sweetie, sending blessings of joy to you

    MUCH LOVE

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, you always set a beautiful table. I'm sure your family and friends feel most welcome! Love the pheasant plates with the wood chargers. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet, as always you have set such a beautiful and elegant table setting just perfect for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo... love those pheasant salad plates. Good find!!
    Your tablescapes are always so divine Janet. Thank you for linking this one up at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party and have also pinned it.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...everything looks so pretty!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete