Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Town & Country Fall Gathering

Happy Sunday everyone.  I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend.

The weekend has been grey and damp.  Chilly temperatures made it easy to cozy up on the couch with a soft blanket and a warm cup of tea.  It was great to finally spend a little time in front of the TV enjoying a fun movie with family.  Oh how I love such simple pleasures... 

But grey skies did not stop me from having a cup of tea in the early afternoon.  What I love most about of home, is being able to have a garden.  A place where I can enjoy the beauty of nature in a moments notice.  It is especially fun when I get to entertain family and friends outdoors. 

Today, I am sharing an outdoor table setting I put together yesterday to enjoy with my sister-in-law Lilly who came to visit for the weekend.  








My inspiration for this outdoor table came from the rich and wintry tones on my Ralph Lauren throw which I used to layer on top of my favorite vintage table. Dried hydrangeas in shades of green and deep purple add texture and color to the table.  I used a plain creamy white dinner plate as a charger then topped with a Lenox salad plate and finished with a Johnson Brothers butter plate for visual impact.  I love how the deep brown makes the patterned plate stand out.  I used two different sets of flatware on this setting.  The woody finish gives a rustic feel while the gold gives it soft sparkle.






A few mini pumpkins on a plate act as my center piece while a hurricane lamp give the table warmth. Perfect for enjoying a friendly conversation outdoors.



Thank you for stopping here today and leaving me your sweet comments.

Wishing you all a wonderful and happy week.

Janet


Sourcelist:

Dinner plates:  Pier One, Pattern:  Madelaine
Salad plates:  Lenox, Pattern:  Golden Bough
Butter Plates & Tea cups:  Johnson Brothers, Pattern:  Harvest Time (Ebay)
Flatware (Gold):  Target
Flatware (Wood):  World Market, Pattern:  Sawyer
Napkins: Home Goods







21 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely table setting, so beautiful. I Think Lily is lucky to sit there and enjoy the beautiful table, and have a cosy time with you.
    I wish you a very lovely Day 🌸

    Lone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lon,

      Thanks so much for taking the time to visit me. Your sweet comment is truly appreciated.

      Wishing you a lovely weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your king words.

      Have a great weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Dearest, precious Janet,
    blessed be you and all the joy and the passion you put in every table you set and every post of yours, thank you !

    Hope your week is off to a good start
    I'm sending my dearest love to you,
    with utmost gratitude

    Xx Dany

    P.S.: your dishes have won my heart sweetie, they're a dream !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sweet friend,

      What else can I say about your magnificent words Daniela. You are such a sweet friend. I thankful for your friendship and lucky to be the recipient of your poetic words.

      Wishing you a beautiful weekend.

      Hugs from across the pond.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. A lovely table in the garden - a wonderful place to sit with friends and share time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carol,

      Thank you for visiting me and taking the time to leave your sweet comments. It is truly appreciated.

      Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely setting and beautiful tablescape! Fall at its finest! The pheasant is a lovely addition to your centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chloe,

      Sorry for my delayed response but I have such a busy bee these days. Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave me your sweet comment. It is truly appreciated.

      I hope you can check out my fall tablescape using Lenox by Marchesa china.

      Wishing you a great weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  6. Each photo a joy to see, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan,

      I hope you had a lovely week. Thank you for visiting and leaving me your kind words.

      I hope you can check out my most recent post featuring an elegant fall tablescape.


      Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. Lovely setting. I really like those fruit plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely week.

      Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave me your kind words.

      Wishing you a great weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  8. Dear Janet:
    I think your table setting is wonderful. I love the Johnson Brother pattern with the fruits. I see it sometimes in antique malls, etc. How lovely to share with your company. Thank you so much for participating, linking and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, I adore your beautiful setting. The dishes are gorgeous! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely table setting! I also enjoyed the tour of your beautifully decorated home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really agree with what you said about being able to have and enjoy a garden Janet! Beautiful tablescape. I really love the mix of plaid, pumpkins and hydrangeas. So fall! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so pretty! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful table Janet! Nothing could be better than a setting in your lovely garden. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I inherited the "Harvest Time" pattern from my mother in law...love the layering you did with it!

    ReplyDelete