Summer Entertaining ~ Lunch Alfresco

As much as I love my vintage china, I cannot help being drawn to classic designs that I can use when I want a clean look and that I know will work great with other patterns.   A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a Lenox outlet not far from our home and let me tell you, I felt like a kid in a candy store.  I have never seen so many aisles full of gorgeous china under one roof.   What a rush!!

It should not be a surprise to anyone that knows me that a piece of two came home with me. Including this gorgeous pattern called Biltmore “Lila” which I used to style the table featured on this post.  It is such a timeless pattern.  I just love the embossing on the plates and its pure white color.

I also love that it is perfect to mix with other patterns that I already own such as the one used to style this table.  It is by Wedgwood and designed by Martha Stewart.  The pattern is called “Garland Moss”.  The green on the salad plate was the inspiration for this table.  It is such a happy and bright color.  Who wouldn’t be happy with such sweet colors?

Most times, it is just my husband and I for dinner or lunch unless we have family and friends over. So last Saturday, we enjoyed another lovely meal alfresco.  Truth is, with winter being so long in these parts, we make the most out of our warm and sunny days.  So the majority of our meals are usually outdoors.  And during summer, we switch the menu up a bit.  It is more about light and easy meals.

For this lunch alfresco, I made an easy salad using arugula, kumato tomatoes, burrata cheese and asparagus topped with grilled shrimp.  For dessert, I made a lime-curd with swirls of whipped cream using a recipe found in Victoria magazine.  (See recipe below)







 



























Lime-Curd Parfait

RECIPE

3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lime rind
2 large eggs
2/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
Garnish:  fresh raspberries, mint leaves and grated lime rind

1.  In a medium saucepan, heat sugar, lime rind, and eggs over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color, about 3 minutes.  Stir in lime juice and butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.

2.  Transfer lime curd to a medium glass bowl.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  To serve, divide whipped cream among 4 serving dishes, and spoon curd evenly over cream.  Swirl curd into cream. Garnish with raspberries, mint leaves, and lime rind, if desired.



Thank you so much for visiting me.  I hope you all have a great week.


Janet



Comments

  1. What a lovely table and the plates all layered looks wonderful. The food looks amazing! Can we come? Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table setting. We love eating outside on our porch, but the heat has been too much in the last weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is simply lovely, my friend. You always create such a beautiful atmosphere :) And I agree with Bernideen, the food looks amazing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie,

      Thank you for always being so sweet. It is such a pleasure to read your sweet comments. It means a lot to me and I do appreciate your time and support.

      Blessings,
      '
      Janet

      Delete
  4. Dear Janet, this is a perfectly set table! I especially love the Wedgwood “Garland Moss” salad plate. The salad looks very yummy and so does the desert. I really enjoyed your post! You have inspired me to put a little bit more thought into my own table settings. This coming weekend when I have more time, I will give it try!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style! You should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I love your tablescape! Janet, it is beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is so pretty and I love the dishes. Your dinner look amazing and sitting outside - how great is that.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning table! The colors are perfect for summer dining and your meal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed a gorgeous table! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is beautiful I love the colors and I love the olive plate with gold, I jave something simular. I haven't been able at all to get outside for tea or anything. Our weather her in San Francisco has been the craziest summer weather ever. So glad your able to enjoy and I can visit and see your beautiful things. The salad looks wonderful as well. Hapoy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tablescapes are always so beautiful Janet and what a privilege it would be to dine with you in this lovely setting.Thank you for sharing.
    I'm delighted to be pinning and featuring you at tomorrow's Shabbilicious Friday party.
    Hugs, Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that sounds like pure heaven to visit that outlet store! Loving the dishes, such a beautiful pattern. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the DI & DI Link party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this table setting! Layering adds so much dimension to a tabl escape, and you did an incredible job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! So very elegant but casual in the same way! I love how your prepared the table! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts