A Few Favorite Things

Hello friends.  I hope your weekend is going well.  We all know how busy weekends can get.  Often times full of activities, chores and unwanted errands which frequently leave no time for ourselves.  

It is so important to set-aside a few minutes of a day to decompress, to take a deep breath and enjoy the very things that are meaningful to us.  We work so hard to achieve our individuals goals that we often forget to take in all the beauty that surrounds us.  

A simple smile, a pretty flower or a beautiful sunny day.  And when I find that house chores will consume most of my day, I try to squeeze in a few minutes to relax, listen to some music and stage a little area in my home with things that make my day a bit brighter.  Things that touch my heart, besides my adorable pooch Max who never fails to put a smile on my face.

So today, I am sharing a few photos of a sweet vignette I put together this morning.  Some recycled stock flowers from last week that are still just as vibrant and beautiful, a few vintage linens in shades of purple and lavender and my favorite lady who I lovingly named Esther after my mother-in-law who gave it to me a few years ago.

House chores got done today.  A bit slowly I must admit, but nevertheless complete.  Lunch and dinner were made and most importantly, surrounded by all the lovely things that make our house a home.



















Now tomorrow will be a day to enjoy a stroll by the beach.  Perfect ending to the weekend.  

Thank you for stopping by.  May you all have a great Sunday.


Hugs,

Janet








Comments

  1. Dear Janet:
    What a lovely posting and the linens are amazing. I love all the shades of purples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was the perfect way to end my day, dear Janet. Thank you for sharing such loveliness with us.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful shots, my darling Janet !
    Each photograph of yours is a little masterpiece expressing all the beauty and the gentleness of your soul, thank you for your so precious friendship !

    Hope you're enjoying your Sunday,
    I'm sending you love and gentle hugs on the start of your new week ahead,
    with much thankfulness

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tender and sweet post and pictures.
    Have a lovely week!
    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stocks and pearls, such a romantic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janneke. Loved reading your sweet comment.

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  6. Oh this is so lovely! It reminds me that I have a feminine soul!! Adorable embroidery and those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela.

      I hope your week is going well. Thank you for such pretty words. I am sure your feminine soul has always been there. ha! ha! Sometimes it just hides for a little bit.

      Thank you for visiting sweet friend.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  7. Hello Janet,
    What a beautiful vignette with the pretty flowers, pearls, and linen. It's so peaceful looking.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie. So glad you visited. Your kind words made me smile.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post, Janet. Your poises, linens, pearls and such are a balm to the spirit. Yes, it is important to take time out of our busy schedules to enjoy some beauty. It is all around us if we just take the time to notice it. Thank you for sharing with us and linking up. Have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great post!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! Pearls and beautiful flowers and linens are my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these things too very nice Janet. Have a great Thursday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janice,

      Happy Sunday to you. I hope you had great week.

      Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate your visit.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  13. Hi Janet, such beautiful and romantic photos and staging! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet, such beautiful and romantic photos and staging! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gina,

      Happy Sunday. Thank you for such sweet words.

      Wishing you a blessed week ahead.

      Janet

      Delete
  15. I love your vignette. Thank you for sharing at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. It is my pleasure to join your party each week.

      Janet

      Delete
  16. Beautiful, I love it all! thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Katherine,

      Happy Sunday to you sweet friend. Thank you such honor. I truly appreciate your support and kindness.

      It is always a pleasure to join your lovely party.

      Janet

      Delete
  17. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  18. the photos ... the vignettes ... the embroidery ... the flowers ... and most importantly the message - WONDERFUL!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Janet, your vignettes are always beautiful! I agree that it's important to find the time to enjoy and do the things we love. Even the little things, like creating a vignette with beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such pretty flowers and linens Janet. I suspect we are all guilty of not taking enough 'me' time for ourselves. Good on you for enjoying your me time and pretty vignettes and thank you for sharing this one with us. I'm delighted to be featuring this at tomorrow's Shabbilicious Friday party. Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts