Moss and Faux Flower Egg Tutorial

I have been working on decorating our home for the upcoming Easter holiday.  We are expecting family from Florida, California and Puerto Rico this spring so I have been putting my efforts into early spring cleaning and organizing. 

There is also the living room ceiling repairs that need to be completed before the family arrives.  Our ceiling is plaster and that is one messy job to complete.  But I am happy that it is finally getting done since I have been wanting to do a makeover in our living room for a while now and could not until the ceiling was repaired.

As we all now, decorating for each season can be expensive so I am always looking for easy and inexpensive ways to make my own seasonal designs to decorate our home.  Being handy with a glue gun surely offers a solution and plenty of possibilities if you are a bit creative.  One of the crafts projects that I came up with this year are these sweet and darling foam eggs covered with moss and faux spring flowers.  Easy to do and perfect for Easter or spring.

Below is my tutorial.  I hope it is easy for you to follow. 













SUPPLIES NEEDED

  • Tacky Spray
  • Scissors
  • Wire Cutters
  • Ribbon
  • Moss
  • Floral 
  • Foam Eggs
  • Glue gun











Begin by covering your table or work surface.  Moss is very messy.  Now start spraying the foam egg with tacky glue and cover with moss.  Do small sections at a time so glue does not dry.  Continue until you have the entire egg covered with moss.  Press moss firmly to ensure that it is well adhered to the foam egg.




Wrap egg with ribbon of your choice, tie at center to and make bow.  I used two ribbons for this project.






Now begin to glue flowers on top of egg.  Place larger pieces on the bottom and work your way around the bow,  Finish by putting your prettiest and/or accent flowers on the center of the bow. Check for any empty spaces but do not over do it.  And know you are done.  So easy and beautiful isn't.  









Now use your little masterpieces to decorate your table or home for Easter.  These are also great for your spring decorating, spring gatherings and even bridal showers.

Thank you for your visit friends.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Janet



Comments

  1. Dear Janet, I love this so much that I've pinned it to three different boards, and I'm on my way out the door to buy the foam eggs. I have everything else! Just adorable! I'd be thrilled if you'd come and share at my Five Star Frou-Frou linkup. You're a feature in the making. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mimi,

      Oh my, thank you so much. So glad that you are going to give this project a try. You will be very happy with the results.

      I will definitely join your party. Thank you for the invitation. I am truly grateful.

      Happy Easter.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. These are adorable. What a creative and unique way to decorate an Easter egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Liz

      Thank you for stopping by. Loved your sweet comment.

      Happy Easter to you and your family.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful Easter egg! They would be perfect for adorning a wreath, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marigene,

      Thank you for stopping by. Love the idea of using the eggs for a wreath.

      Happy Easter.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. This is a lovely craft idea. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shellie,

      Thank you for visiting me and leaving me your kind words. Have a wonderful Easter.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful idea! The color of those ribbons are so pretty! Love that soft pink. Wishing you a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela,

      Happy Sunday to you. Thank you for your kind words. You are very sweet.

      Have a wonderful Easter also sweet friend.

      Janet

      Delete
  6. Beautiful idea and easy to make. I will try it!
    Thank you for sharing. Happy Easter
    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tina,

      Happy Sunday to you. Thank you. Glad to learn that you will be giving this project a try. That makes my day.

      Always thankful for your support. Happy Easter to you.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. Just beautiful Janet! Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're truly unbeatable, dearest Janet !
    I've found the suited idea for decorating my Easter table, I'm so grateful to you for this, my wondrous friend, and I'm overjoyed by thinking of making my moss eggs !!!

    Hope your week is off to a great start,
    I wish you much love for your days to come,
    sending blessings of joy to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome dear Janet, I'd love to do this. You are so talented my friend. I will pin it too.
    Que tengas una linda Semana Santa y Pascuas tambien.
    Much blessings dearest.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really beautiful. I am going to pin and try my hand at these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is stunning! I love them!! I will feature this THursday on Home Sweet Home! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Janet I love your gorgeous eggs & tutorial!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!
    Happy Easter.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is REALLY adorable! :)

    I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Janet, I have featured you at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. Thankyou so much for sharing. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So perfect and beautiful Janet! I've included this project in my Shabbilicious Easter Egg round up for the Shabbilicious Friday Link Party tomorrow.
    Happy Easter ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really pretty, really like them thank you for sharing them. Happy spring dearest, with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so gorgeous, Janet! I am literally swooning over it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Those are gorgeous!!

    http://gwingal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. O MY!! These are so pretty!! Love this project!! Pinned!!

    Happy Easter to you and yours!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, Janet, and unlike anything I've seen! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts