Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Luscious Lemon Pound Cake Recipe

Hello friends.  I hope you all had a lovely Easter.  

We finally finished with the repairs of the plaster ceiling in our living room.  What a job that was.... Cleaning all the fine dust after all the sanding was a huge task. Everything had to be dusted.  And I mean everything on the first floor.  But I am so glad that it is finally done.  It truly looks amazing. Such a big difference.  Now it is on to giving the living room a little makeover.  I am so excited about it to.  

And the repairs all took place Easter week.  So much to do before the holiday.  I was totally exhausted the Saturday before Easter but I somehow managed to cook for the family on Easter Sunday.  I don't know where I got the last bit of energy to pull it off but I did.

I also want to take a minute to apologize for been a bit absent from the blog and from visiting you all but I have so many things going on in our home right now.  I also have family visiting from other parts of the country so my time has been very limited.

Today, I want to share this delicious recipe for lemon pound cake which celebrates all the flavors of spring and summer.  I found this yummy recipe on Pinterest....What would we do without Pinterest today right??  So so many recipes to be found yet.

Please enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea.  






















Recipe


LEMON CAKE
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 slices
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1½ cups granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 8 eggs, separated
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2-1/2 tbsp grated lemon zest
  • Lemon Glaze
  • 6 tbsp butter , melted
  • 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
  2. In large bowl, add flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Add oil, egg yolks, lemon juice, water and lemon zest; whisk until well combined. In large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold ⅓ of whipped egg whites into the batter to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites until mixture is combined; do not over mix or batter will deflate. Pour into ungreased pan; tap gently on counter to release air pockets.
  3. Bake 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Invert pan immediately after removing from oven and allow to cool completely. Run knife around the sides and center of cake to loosen.
  4. For glaze, combine butter, zest, powdered sugar, juice and vanilla in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and spread with spatula. Glaze will set hard within 30 minutes.


The original recipe was for a bundt pan but I actually used two loaf pans to bake the cakes.




Thank you for stopping by today.  Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week.


Janet



Here's a little view of the ceiling...









9 comments:

  1. Yum! It's photographed so nicely. Thank you for sharing the recipe. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. Looks yummy.

    So glad that you got your ceiling finished and I know how happy you are that it's finished.

    Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your company.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Janet...love the rustic container for your pretty flowers, and the china is so pretty. The recipe sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Can't wait to enjoy some this weekend! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this lovely recipe. I'm going to make it for my Monday night knitting group. We meet at my house every week and I bake from scratch for them always. Lemon is a favorite of everyone's. I will let you know how they like it.
    House remodels are such a huge mess... until they are so beautiful and well worth it in the end :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cake! Thank you for sharing the recipe Janet! We live in a parsonage so we can not do remodels but someday we shall have our own place and who knows maybe we will get a house that needs some re-do. Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pound cake looks great, thank you for sharing the recipe. I dread thinking about the re doing of mamas house we just managed one room and there is still that fine dust inbedded in the floor.. I have cleaned it twice... But the results are always pleasing. Good luck, with love Janice Happy Spring and weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't have to apologize, darling Janet, I also am living such a busy period, and do what I can and as I can, darling !
    This recipe of yours is already written on a page of my little copybook of recipes and ... good work to you !

    Hope you're having a lovely Sunday, I'm sending blessings on the begin of your new week ahead, dear friend,
    with so much thankfulness

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Janet:
    Your pound cake looks delightful and I see you are knee deep in "life" opportunities as they come along! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete