Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Behind The Blog ~ Meet Blogger Vibeke of Vibeke Design

Continuing with my new blog series "Behind The Blog", it is my pleasure and honor to introduce you to Vibeke Svenningsen of the much loved and admired blog Vibeke Design 

Vibeke is the voice and creative force behind Vibeke Design from Norway.  Her style is a combination of rustic, vintage pieces, old world romance and Swedish design.  She loves to incorporate nature and worn pieces into her decor.  She has an incredible eye for detail, color and design.  And may I add, her photography is magazine worthy.  A true master at making everyday items into art.  She is a wealth of inspiration and talent.  It is no wonder why her blog is so popular on Pinterest and Instagram.  

I invite you to read my interview of Vibeke below to get a glimpse into her world, creative mind, and beautiful work.




Take a look at these photos, aren't they stunning?  


































Q)  Tell us a bit about yourself?  My name is Vibeke and I live in Norway.  I live in a big house we built in 2001 with my husband and two daughters.


(Q)  When did you begin blogging and why?    I began blogging in 2011.  I began blogging because I enjoy painting and being creative.  So I started my blog to reach out to people with my art. Today the blog has taken another direction.  It is more about interior decor.

(Q)  What is your favorite part about blogging?   My favorite part about blogging is sharing my pictures, thoughts, and interests with my followers.  It is always nice to read my visitors opinions and comments.


(Q)  Is Blogging your full-time job?   No.  I work almost full-time in kindergarten, so blogging is just something I do on my free time.


Q)  You have a unique style and an incredible eye for detail.  How would you  
describe your style?  I am a country girl and I have always loved bringing vintage style into our home.  I think it gives the home soul and a cozy warm feel.  Old Swedish style is also a big inspiration to my interior.


(Q)  What inspires you?  Nature inspires me most.  I love to bring nature into our home.  On my daily walks with our dog Nure, I always bring something home home with me. In the summer, I pick flowers and in autumn I pick leaves or branches...  there are so many uses for these items in the home.  Perfect for decorations.  I also love old houses and find them very inspiring. I have always admired old things and the soul that shines through them.


(Q)  In your opinion, what has been key for getting your blog noticed?  I have done very little for getting my blog noticed and have to give Pinterest a BIG "THANK YOU"!   I think Pinterest has made it possible to reach audiences around the world with my blog. Most of my followers are from the USA, and I think that it is wonderful. Through the blog I have made some beautiful friendships in the states and around the world.


(Q)  With all the gorgeous images that you share on your blog, how do you
choose the ones that make it on the blog?  I am a very spontaneous person so I blog about what inspires me... sometimes it is flowers, beautiful colours or old furniture that I give a "makeover" to.


(Q)  How do you balance work, blogging and family life?  Blogging takes a lot of time and since my girls are grown up now, I can use my free time for it.  I find it inspiring, relaxing and creative so I am going to pursue blogging and I hope that it becomes full-time.  Blogging and interior decorating.


(Q)  And lastly, what one piece of advice would you give other bloggers?  I think you should be true to your style and blog with joy and happiness in your heart.


You can see more of Vibeke's work on her blog Vibeke Design and follow her Pinterest and Instagram to be inspired by all the beauty she shares.



Thank you for taking the time to stop by today.  Wishing you a great week.

Janet







12 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVELY! Her pictures ARE magazine worthy... truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen her pictures on Pinterest before... Such lovely photography and style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,

    Une très belle rencontre... Une belle âme et des photos généreuses de beauté et de délicatesse.
    Merci pour ce délicieux partage.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful behind-the-scenes for one of the most pretty blogs I Pin from...thank you Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Janet! You picked one of my favorite bloggers to feature! I have loved Vibeke for a long time. Her photos always tug at my heart strings. Such a great eye and I love all the nature in her vignettes. I loved hearing her advice to blog with joy and happiness in one's heart. Words to live by. Thank you for this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her work! It was wonderful to read this. That's neat that she teaches kindergarten. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her blog I always go to look at her photos they are indeed wonderful. I love this idea ipof yours I enjoyed reading about her. Just lovely. Thank you Janet and thank yiu for sharing. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pics and Vibeke is so talented! Thank you for sharing at SYC. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vibeke is one of my favorites, of course because of her fabulous style and pics, but also because of my Norwegian heritage.

    Thanks for sharing her interview on SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow her blog and love it. Her photography is amazing and I adore that she loves nature!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vibeke is a favorite blogger of mine too. She has such a keen eye for beauty, styling, and her photography wows me every time.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.

    Olivia, co-hostess
    Reinvented Collection

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for having opened me the wonderful vintage Vibeke's world, I'm coming from visiting her and I cannot help but follow her, I love her blog such a lot !

    With so much gratitude I wish you much joy for your day, today, and even more for those to come, my wonderful Janet,
    thinking of you with so much love

    Dany

    ReplyDelete