Romantic Paper Flower Cones

Hello my sweet friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  The holiday decorations are finally stored away and the house seems to have a fresh and clean feel.  There are a few projects in mind for this year such as updating our dining and breakfast rooms but all in due time.  I am not going to put too much pressure on myself.  I have made a conscious decision to slow down and work on one project at a time.

I am also looking forward to sharing a few new additions to my blog and to inspire you with more creative ideas and DIY projects.  Of course, there will always be my tablescapes, vignettes and garden photos which I love to share.  But today, I am sharing a simple craft project made of out scrapbook paper.  

I am always looking for new ways to make party favors or welcoming gifts for my family and guests to take.  In this instance, I thought of making paper cones or as I like to call them, sweet flower containers made with inexpensive scrapbook paper and sewing trims.  I love to welcome my guest with this romantic vase filled with pretty flowers.  I normally leave it hanging on the bedroom door in which my guest will spend the night or simply place it on their welcoming tray.  Although I make these pretty cones/vases to show my appreciation for those that visit my home, I believe they can also be perfect for an assortment of gatherings, including bridal showers, tea parties, weddings and even a ladies luncheon.

Here are a few photos of the finished project as well as how I like to display them through out the house.




































Below is a tutorial of my paper flower containers.  I have fallen in love with these darling beauties. What a sweet and lovely gift they make.  In the coming weeks, I will share a few more of these.  I hope you don't get bored with the tutorials.....

TUTORIAL

Supplies

  • Scrapbook paper ( I used the 12 X 12 sheets)
  • Glue Stick
  • Sewing Trim/Lace ( I buy the ones that come in a spool)
  • Scissors
  • Decorative Flowers (I bought the small Wedding Pick from Celebrate It sold at Michael's)
  • Glue gun and glue sticks ( For Flowers and trim)
  • Pearls
  • Ribbon
  • Single Round Hole Puncher (If you will want to hand yours but it is not necessary)











How To:


  • Turn the paper with the white side up and turn so it is in a diamond shape and fold paper in half.  Making a triangle.


  • Now cut the sheet in half







  • Take one of the cut triangles and fold in half.  Don't fold too hard.  This is just so you know where your center will be before folding.




  • Using your glue stick, run a straight line of glue along the side of your center or middle of the paper.





  • Now take the end of the corner facing you and bring it to the center tip/top of your paper forming the cone. Be sure that the two corners are perfectly placed on top of each other.










  • Now take the glue stick and place glue all over the side of the paper that is facing away from you making sure to place extra glue on each of the ends.  Now roll/wrap the paper around the cone.  Be sure to smooth any lumps out.




  • This is what it should look like by now.





  • Now we are ready for the embellishments.  Using sewing trim of your choice, cut a piece large enough to cover the top of the tube.  )Since mine was a bit too thick, I had to folded in half and glued it together with Tacky Spray.)

  • Fold your ribbon in half to mark your center and place a bit of hot glue around the top of the tube and glue the ribbon.  (See photo below)




  • Add your pretty flower and some ribbon and Viola....   Below is the finished product.  Now go to town adding candies, flowers or whatever you desire.




I hope you found the tutorial easy to follow.  Creating is such a joy.  It amazes me how an idea that I put together in my crazy creative mind comes to life.  We are so all so blessed in our own unique ways.  It is wonderful that we can inspire each other.  

It is so easy to bring joy and beauty into our lives.  And it is even more magical and rewarding when we share our talents and creations with others. A simple token of appreciation and friendship can make such difference in someone's life.  Let's begin spreading kindness and beauty one creation at a time.

Thanking you all for your amazing friendship, inspiration and support.  May you have a lovely week.

Hugs,

Janet









Comments

  1. Janet, oh so pretty pretty pretty!!!! Your sweet "tussy mussy" cones are absolutely splendid! They're soooo perfect for May Day - just make a nice ribbon or lace "handle" for them - on May 1st simply fill with real (I use plastic sandwich bags to protect the paper and keep it dry) or faux flowers and place on a friend's door - ring the bell - and RUN and hide and watch her face as she finds her sweet morning surprise.

    It's a hundreds year old tradition and one worth keeping alive. Your cones are perfect for it. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet, those are beautiful and SO Victorian! I made some for my Christmas tree several years ago, and have several other store bought gilt one's but I think I'll have to make more! These are perfect for the romance of Valentine's Day!
    Thanks for the tutorial too, I think I forgot how I made them before.
    Have a great week,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, they are simply beautiful and who wouldn't want one of these on their bedside table or hanging on their front door. They would be darling for Valentine's Day - all sorts of special days.
    Thank you so much for the DIY - very good instructions.
    Have a great creative week,
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{sigh}} These are so pretty, my friend. I just love how feminine and dainty they are :) I MUST make some, dear Janet. Thank you ever so much for the inspiration.

    I trust you are enjoying the New Year. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty I love the pattern on the paper. I want to make some now. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cones are so pretty,Janet! I love all things vintage and Victorian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...these are so cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty...such talent!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. These flower containers are really pretty!
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Janet:
    This would be wonderful for Valentines Day favors. They are really lovely! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cones are beautiful. Very Victorian with the lace and flowers. I imagine anyone who received one of these as a guest favor would be thrilled (I certainly would be). I saw your link at Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cones!! What a lovely idea. I would like to try making a few of these cones. Thank you for sharing Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet! Happy New Year! I'm enjoying the feeling of things getting back to normal around my house too! I love making paper comes! Yours turned out beautifully! I'd love it if you would come share it at my What to do Weekends party! We just went live and this is the exact kind of DIYS I love to feature and share with my readers! I hope you've had a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Janet... do go visit Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance. Theresa is completely fabulous and has some of the best eye candy features.

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial! I had found several tutorials on Pinterest, none of which were giving me the final product I was attempting to make for Valentine's Day. Some of us need to be led (very slowly) through the steps of what probably seems a simple process to many! This did the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so pretty soft and romantic
    Thanks for the step by step way to make these
    If I ever get to play in my studio again this week i just may try to make one of these
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I can't wait, I have to try and realize these amazing cones !
    Thank you darling once more, this time for your creativity and for the so useful tutorial, a present inside such a container is worth twice !!!!

    Sending blessing and dear love
    I wholeheartedly thank you, my adorable Janet
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet these cones are gorgeous and look so easy to make. I have long been a fan of the handcrafted tussy-mussy. I actually have some scrapbooking paper just like yours. I might need to give this project a whirl.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.

    Olivia- Co-Hostess
    Reinvented Collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olivia,

      It is so nice to meet you here in blogland. Thank you for visiting me. Your comment made my day. I am happy to know that I have inspires you to made these pretty Tussie-Mussies. Give it a go. You will love them.

      It is my pleasure to join your fun party.

      Janet

      Delete
  18. these are so beautiful.. Your details are lovely. I just learned how to make these this winter. Your charming creations having inspired me to make some more! And what a wonderful tutorial. Your blog is delightful! Have a blessed weekend.

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tamara,

      Happy Monday. Thank you for stopping by. Your comment truly made my day. It brings me joy to know that I have inspired to create. That is exactly what I set out to do with my blog and it means the world to me to learn that I achieved my goal.

      You are very sweet. Blessings to you also.

      Janet

      Delete
  19. Shared your lovely romantic cones on Facebook! Best wishes for the week. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda,

      Thank you for sharing my romantic cones on FB. I do appreciate your kindness.

      Janet

      Delete
  20. Oh my Gosh! Your cones are gorgeous little masterpieces!!! I have to find some lovely paper and make some enchanting cones myself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Janet,
    I have made these before but yours are so, so pretty! They do make lovely gifts for guests or party favors and can really be designed in many custom styles. (though vintage is my personal favorite) I enjoyed scrolling through all of these photos!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janet, your cones are so pretty and dainty! Such a lovely tradition to keep alive. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/01/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_17.html Hope to see you tomorrow at Make it Pretty Monday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are just lovely! So sweet and feminine and what a wonderful tutorial as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb,

      Thank you for visiting. Your sweet comment was pure joy to read. Come back to visit soon.

      Janet

      Delete
  24. These are just lovely! So sweet and feminine and what a wonderful tutorial as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you Janet for these great instructions. I would like to make something like this for favors "down the road"! A darling project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Janet, I love your romantic cones. They will be featured at SYC Thursday! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just beautiful Janet! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These gorgeous flower cones are just so perfectly 'shabbilicious' Janet.... and look so lovely with the hydrangea too. I'm delighted to be featuring this project at Shabbilicious Friday tomorrow.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for Sharing with us, Janet! Featuring you tonight over at Shoestring Elegance and What to do Weekends!! Pop by and grab your Featured button! you'll find your Feature, here: http://shoestringelagance.blogspot.com/?m=0
    Hugs and Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh how sweet Theresa. This is such a pleasant surprise. I will definitely pop over. Thanks so much. I am truly grateful for the honor.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts