Monday, January 25, 2016

Cabbage Rose Valentine's Day Tablescape

Hi everyone.  I hope you are all keeping cozy and warm.  We finally got all the anticipated snow that was in the forecast.  And what a winter storm that was my friends.   Extremely windy and brutally cold.  We got about 23 inches of snow by us.  Thank goodness for snow blowers and very good neighbors that are always willing to help.

Now on to my post...  I love pretty fabrics.  I am always on the hunt for soft and delicate floral fabrics and when I find one that catches my eye, it easily becomes an obsession.  Lately, Waverly fabrics have been catching my attention.  I love their pretty cottage style floral fabrics.  They have a certain worn feel and look that I find soothing.  For this time of the year, I especially like their red cabbage rose print.  I just love its vintage style.  It reminds me of something you would see in a charming country home or inn in England.  And I when I found placemats and napkins with this pattern, I immediately had to bring them home with me.

They are perfect for creating a charming country cottage tablescape.  Something that you would find on the table of a little hidden Inn or B & B on Valentine's Day weekend.  I guess this is where I really want to be......

No fresh flowers here.  Just a few simple pieces that I gathered from around the house.  The only new accents are the wooden hearts which came from a wreath that I purchased from Michael's recently. The dinnerware is Mikasa and the stemware is from Pier 1.  

































I hope I have inspired you to create your own country cottage table for Valentine's Day,  I will be sharing another Valentine's table using the same accessories but a bit more country with less pattern for those that like to keep things more neutral and simple.

Thank you for stopping by today sweet friends.

Hugs,

Janet


23 comments:

  1. Hello Janet,
    We also received way too much snow, 26 inches!! I love your pretty tablescape for Valentine's Day. I hope you stay warm and have a nice week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janet:
    Your table looks lovely for Valentines Day! Sweet photos.Enjoy that pretty white snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really pretty and the tablescape as well. I think the florals are coming back. Did you see Target's new Shabby Chic stuff. I think it only goes up to full, because they had it near the kids linens. It was so pretty. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Great job! It just makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty balm for our blizzard-weary souls Janet! I love Waverly fabrics and once had drapes made from a floral print which were my absolutley favorite. Always Classic in an understated way. Your table is very inviting. I love the lantern and those little wooden hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, Janet...cabbage roses in red and white and pearls, a perfect combination in my eyes!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JP. I agree.. roses and pearls are perfect with anything..

      Enjoyed reading your sweet comment. Have a great weekend JP.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. I love your table! It seems like an English country cottage table... it is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looks beautiful with the roses and the hearts. I love that cottage style and your table reminds me to think about Valentines ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour chère amie,

    J'aperçois la neige à travers votre fenêtre !! brrrr.... mais certainement très beau !
    Votre table de Saint Valentin ferait craquer plus d'un amoureux !
    J'aime beaucoup !


    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming and lovely table, Janet.. I love the mix of old world and elegance
    of your centerpiece. And the little hearts add such a sweet touch! Thank you for sharing and best wishes for your day <3

    Tamara xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming and lovely table, Janet.. I love the mix of old world and elegance
    of your centerpiece. And the little hearts add such a sweet touch! Thank you for sharing and best wishes for your day <3

    Tamara xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'est très romantique!!!!! Oh that table cloth with the crochet border makes my heart beat faster! Wishing you a lovely Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sweetest Janet,
    to be honest, my eyes do not know what to watch ... I am fascinated by your table centerpiece, by the cabbage roses of your placemats, by the harmony of colors and taste that also this time you've been able to create ... you're truly in artist in good taste, believe me !
    Thank you for having blessed my morning with such a beauty, my lovely !
    Have a wonderful day
    with much love and thankfulness
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, Janet! I love your placemats and napkins, love the cabbage roses! I like your lantern in the center of the table too. Your setting is very romantic for Valentines Day. You really know how to set a stunning table. {Please change my HOME party on Wednesdays to No Place Like Home on Mondays.} Hope you are having a beautiful day, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very pretty table! I love the beautiful linens and the lantern centerpiece. The white tablecloth is lovely, too. Hope it warms up for you soon! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice,

      Thank you so much for visiting me. I do appreciate your lovely comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  16. Thanks Margie. You are very kind.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful and elegant. I love your blog and glad I found you! Thanks for linking up at #ThursdayFavoriteThings! I hope to see you also at #OverTheMoon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a lovely Valentine's setting! Thanks for lending your creativity to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! I also pinned this to the Thursday Favorite Things Pinterest Board.

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete