Saturday, January 9, 2016

Afternoon Tea At St. Regis New York: Astor Court

Hello my pretty blogland friends.  I hope your weekend is off to a good start.  Today I wanted to share a few photos of our trip to New York during Christmas week.  I just love to visit New York during the holidays.  It is such a fun and magical city.

On this visit, we also decided to have afternoon tea at the St. Regis hotel located at 55th and 5th Avenue.  We did not have an reservation but after a little begging, the host was able find us a spot.  I was as happy.  I couldn't help have the biggest smile on my face.

This grand room was certainly designed to impress.  The chandeliers are magnificent and the murals that decorate the room definitely catch your eyes.  Adding to the experience, are the sounds of a lovely harp that are heard through the room.  

As my husband and I sat in the very elegant and glamorous salon sipping our delicious tea, our first course of finger sandwiches was brought to the table.  Smoked salmon on pumpernickel bread, cucumber with dill, mini quiche, roast beef and chicken salad on white bread are part of the assortment.  All delicious and savory.  After that, a three-level silver tray loaded with scones, clotted cream and small sweets are served.

After a few hours tucked away from the busy New York Streets and unhurried conversation our lovely tea came to an end.  The evening ended with a bit of shopping, and enjoying all the stunning Christmas displays.  Such a fun and exciting place to visit.    
























This amazing tree is part of the Whiskey Lounge at the St. Regis hotel.




Christmas decorations of the lobby at the St. Regis.  Elegant old world charm.



Information:

St. Regis New York
Astor Court
2 East 55th Street
New York, NY 10022
Telephone: (212) 753-4500
Afternoon Tea is $55 per person
Tables can be reserved from 3 to 5 PM




Front of The Plaza Hotel.  One of my must stops when I visit Manhattan.  I love the food court here.  



Fashionable windows at Saks Fifth Avenue.  Always works of art.










Thank you for going on my little tour of Christmas in New York City.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Hugs,

Janet





12 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun at that special tea time! That tree with the antlers... I think my old kitty would've liked to have climbed that! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janet:
    What an incredible experience. You both looked so relaxed sitting there in the window. The place is amazing and what lovely photos you got out in front of the plaza, etc. I so enjoyed seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great trip! The food looks delicious, I would had devoured those macaroons quite fast. You look very elegant and beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us this wonderful experience. I felt as if I was there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janet, how lovely to have tea there. It is such a beautiful place. The pictures are wonderful and you look lovely.
    I had a wonderful weekend in NYC about 20 years ago and stayed at the Hyatt Grand Hotel. Had brunch at the Tavern on the Green - it was magical. Oh we went Ice Skating in Central Park -
    Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful get away with us.
    Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dearest Janet and a blessed new year to you! I have missed stopping by your delightful blog and being inspired...
    What an incredible place to enjoy tea...so wonderfully regal looking...what a treat!
    Sending you much love and a hug!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Janet., and the food looks so delicious! I've never been to NY, thanks for taking me along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful hotel to have tea at. That chandelier is amazing! You look great as well. I love your hair! Going to tea is something we love to do whenever we travel. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't thank you enough for your NYC Christmas tour! We recently relocated from Princeton to Dallas and you cannot believe how much I miss my trips to the city! Your timing was impeccable!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must have been a lovely experience to have tea there in New York. I hope to visit once New York together with my husband, it´s on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que lugar tan bello... y tu luces elegantisima amiga!

    Un abrazo...

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, Janet! NYC is so fabulous, isn't it? I can't wait to go back. What a lovely couple you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeousness !!!
    What a wonderful place, it seems coming from a Hollywood Comedy, of which, probably you felt part, I suppose, you are so very beautiful among all those lights and festive atmosphere, your smile is so bright of inner joy, darling, bless you !

    Have a wonderful Friday,
    sendig big big hugs, with deep thankfulness
    Dany

    ReplyDelete