A Little Holiday Cheer In The Garden


Hello to you all.  I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend.  And for those living in the Northeast, I can only imagine that you are taking advantage of the extremely warm weather here.  I cannot believe that Christmas is only two weeks away and we are still having temperatures in the 60's around here. The sky has been sunny, bright and perfect for spending the afternoon in the garden. This is unheard of in December but I am not going to complain.  Busy days are ahead so a few minutes of relaxing in our garden are warmly welcomed.  A perfect time to  gather my thoughts.

Love sitting here.  Enjoying nature and planning for the days ahead.  Thinking about what cookies and desserts I will bake What side dishes to make.  And oh yes, which china will be used this year.  

To be honest, I am planning to keep things simple.  I find myself decorating with lighter tones and more natural elements this year.  Especially natural greens and fresh fruits.  I guess I have been inspired by Pinterest and all my fellow bloggers who have been taking this direction lately.  

I also could not help myself.  The ideas just kept on flowing and I quickly found myself carrying stuff outside to create something pretty for you.  A simple and sweet vignette developed using fresh greenery and apples.  A bit of red and white seems fresh and easy on the eyes.  So lovely and sublime.






























I hope December brings beauty and blessings to your days...



Warm season's greetings,

Janet


Comments

  1. Janet:
    It has snowed all day in Colorado and it is beautiful but your "very green" is lovely too! A beautiful wreath and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Bernideen, I don't want to think about those chilly snowy days yet. We are truly enjoying the unusual warm weather here.

      Thank you for visiting. It is always a pleasure to read your sweet comments.

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. You are very sweet.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. It is warm here in Georgia so unlike December.
    Your photo's are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia,

      I hope you are enjoying a warm December. I am sure that Mr. Winter is right around the corner.

      Thank you for your visit. I do appreciate your kind words.

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!
    Merry Christmas, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marigene,

      Thank you. You are very sweet and kind.

      Sending Christmas blessing your way.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Who knew we could be in our gardens mid December? This weather is incredible! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Johanne,

      I hope you had a great weekend enjoying the amazing weather by us. It truly is incredible.

      Thank you for visiting me. Your comments always bring a smile.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  6. Beautiful staging Janet, and lovely photos! Perfect for the season!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gina,

      Thank you for visiting me and for leaving me your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. Hi Janet,
    What a pretty table you set outside! I love the wreath and star. Yes very warm weather for December!
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty site, I lobe the gorgeous apples love the wreath with the star very nice.. We got a bunch of rain over the weekend here. So Garden is all n
    Muddy now... But December is already half over with and then January and spring will be here again. Nice post thank you with love Janice have a great new week

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so pretty! I love everything about this!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful decoration while you think and plan your Christmas for your family. Me too, I'm now keeping it simple, as I had no time for more, the Miami trip kept me away a month and now we're going to DD Sofia for Christmas. Of course, I've been planning on taking cookies for the girls and a cake, so yes, I will be busy no matter what.
    Gracias mi amiga preciosa por tus hermosos elogios para con nosotros por el nacimiento de bebe Maxima.
    Bendiciones a Uds. estas Navidades.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and peaceful Jamet. Red apples are so pretty with greenery for the holidays. You are right, too warm. Will it ever get cold? Merry Christmas! Linda bushelandapickle

    ReplyDelete
  12. What pretty images, Janet! I love the fresh red and white with all the beautiful green of nature! We just got pounded with another storm yesterday so it is lovely looking at your pictures and soaking in the serenity of it all. Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing to be able and spend a little of pleasant time in the garden in this period of the year !!!
    I'm sure you've enjoyed it so much, haven't you ?

    I hope to meet you again before than Christmas arrives, my precious friend ... for the Greetings, of course !

    May your Saturday be the most beautiful,
    thinking of you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many wishes for the season from Greece!
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! Thank you for bringing beauty to my eyes with your talent for decorating! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Janet,
    If I don't talk to you again have a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are having great weather like us!! Truly a pleasant fall and winter so far! I'll take it! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Janet!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my Janet, it is gorgeous! Hard to believe these were taken just before Christmas. We have the more snow than we have had in years. I am trying to embrace it because we really need the moisture! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts