2015 Christmas Home Tour - Part 1

Hello again friends.  Have you all been enjoying all the incredibly stunning Christmas home tours on blogland?  It is just amazing.  The inspiration and beauty coming from all the blogs is endless.

I am happy to be joining our friend Debra of "Common Ground" and Brenda of "Cozy Little House" for their "Christmas Open House" linky party on December 9-10 so hop on over to join all the fun and to be inspired.

I would like to begin by saying Thank you for being here at Rosemary & Thyme today and through out the year.  I am participating on this Christmas Home Tour only to inspire you and perhaps give you ideas which I hope you can use in your own homes.  And while I love decorating for the holidays, I must admit, it is a lot of work.  So do as much as you want or not.  Just don't get stressed out about decorating.  After all, the holidays are about spending time together. Enjoying family, friends and favorite foods.  Making our homes warm, welcoming and a little dressed up for all the festive days ahead.

Our Christmas Home Tour begins in our dining room.  The inspiration for this room came from the gorgeous Flocked Tree which we purchased from Walmart this year.  It has quickly become a favorite.  It is really full and does not make a mess at all.  And it was very reasonably priced.  My theme for the room came easily.  Winter Wonderland of course.




I found these pretty linens at Home Goods.  They work perfectly with the theme.  Simple and not very busy.


The gorgeous white china is Antique White from Mikasa.  I use them so much.  Simple lines with lots of elegance.



I made all the floral arrangements in this room.  All the faux sprays, berries and containers came from Michael's.  All purchased at 50% and 60 % off of course.


Flocked sprays on each floral arrangement help the room come together.



Always use pieces from your own collection to put a table together.  These lovely mercury candle holders have been in my collection for a few years now and they give my table a little touch of shimmer and elegance.








One of the things that I love about our home is that the rooms are separated.  I mean I like some of those gorgeous new homes that have an open concept, but I prefer to have a bit of privacy and separation in each room. A view of our foyer.










I love this vignette on our buffet table.  It is so pretty to look at in the evenings.  The room does feel very cozy and warm.  Simple ornaments, soup tureen, soft lighting, and accessories create a festive and cheery table.










Our show piece is this stunning tree.  I did not want to over accessorize since the tree is pretty on its own.  A few well selected ornaments dress the sweet tree.  Did you notice the R & T letters on the tree?  





Isn't this little horse adorable?? I had to dress him up to.

























Well, this completes this first part of our Christmas Tour.  I will continue with a small tour of our foyer.

Thanks so much for visiting!!!  Blessings sweet friends.  I wish you all a wonderful holiday season.

Janet


Comments

  1. Your your home looks beautiful all spruced up for the holidays! Thanks for sharing with us all! I love the vignette with the wreath over the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your buffet is beautiful; the one with the wreath hanging in front of the mirror. Everything is beautiful. An early Merry Christmas. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, love the buffet and mirror but also the tablecloth and napkins.....it is all pretty.
    Enjoy all the coziness
    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful and elegant. I adore that fabulous gold mirror and such a stunning vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorations! Everything is beautiful. Did you find the Let it Snow box this year? Or is it something you had. I love how you made the centerpiece.

    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Janet! The tree is spectacular and beautifully decorated. I spotted the monograms right away, you clever girl! The room is festive, elegant and just gorgeous. Love everything you have created in your winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janet, your home has left me speechless.... Your photos look like they are straight from a magazine. Absolutely beautiful, my friend! Every little detail is simply perfect!

    I can't wait for part two, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Janet, everything is stunning. What a beautiful job you have done, you are so talented. Thank you so much for sharing your dining room. Great choice for your tree. I want a flocked one for next year. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful decorations.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet....your home is so beautiful with your warm and cozy touches! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, it's all so lovely and your tree is an absolute joy! I believe those small intimate rooms is what gives a house character, and your home is brimming full. Thank you for the tour. Best ~ Mickie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tree is gorgeous and I love the red and white theme you did. Grain sack anything is my new favorite things so your table linens are making me want to change mine. Those would actually go very well in my country dining room! Your arrangements are so pretty too...love the flocking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The guests that are coming to your house to enjoy that amazing room are LUCKY!! What a gorgeous space - you have decorated it so beautifully! And that little horse - he needs to come home with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet, your home looks fabulous! I love all the snowy touches with red. The tree is gorgeous and I love the horse. The deer too caught my eye. Lovely linens and mercury glass. Love it all! Thank you for sharing and enjoy the week.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Janet:
    Please come back and link your lovely decor to my blog party. It isn't just about tea anymore - it's about lots of stuff. I changed it several weeks ago! Would love to have you link!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a beautiful, celebratory setting you have created for Christmas. A treat for all who enter! ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is so much attention here to details: that lovely mirror with the wreath that is wonderful, your tree, table setting and even those darling red plaid ice skates! So glad you shared it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is stunning! I love it all. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Janet,
    I love how you decorated your home so pretty for Christmas! Your tree is gorgeous too.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Janet! How absolutely gorgeous. The arrangements are beautiful, the dishes look lovely, and I love, love your deer and horsie....utterly charming!! You've outdone yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janet, your dining room is so pretty. I love that tree and the table linens. I think that using the traditional (to me) red and green Christmas colors is what makes Christmas so special. They give warmth and comfort to the season! Merry Christmas..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. That tree is a showstopper! Your decor is beautiful all around!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A girl after my heart with all red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The photographs of your dining room have left me breathless, my darling Janet, I cannot find the words to comment them, really !
    First of all I have to say that your home is truly gorgeous, so wide and so bright in every time of the year, that means a real gladness for whom dwells in it; the decorations you've put all around, the Christmas Tree, the little vintage toys by which I'm so very charmed, your table, so inviting and so very cozy ... I'd love to be a guest of yours just for enjoy the atmosphere you've created ... you're fantastic, my sweet friend !!!

    May the remainder of your week be blessed,
    sending love and big big hugs to you, with deep admiration
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love everything about the decorations!!! The "frosted" Christmas tree is something I would love to have someday in the future. Absolutely love the placemates, I have tried to find those in white and have never had luck. The way you put things together is magical!!Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Janet! I loved looking at all your pictures, and all the beautiful details. That tree is gorgeous, and you really pulled the whole look together so well. Your wreaths and arrangements are stunning. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed my visit very much. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  26. I enjoyed your tour. Your home is so beautiful and festive. I found you on Shabbilicious Friday. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my goodness, Janet, this needs to be a feature in Victoria Magazine! It's so beautiful, traditional, and elegant!! thanks so much for sharing the party with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Welcoming, elegant, and homey. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This beautiful post was one of the featured ones from Monday - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This beautiful post was one of the featured ones from Monday - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Janet, I just love everything about this table and your dining room! The happy bows, cute horse and those cute plaid skates. Just know your family and guests will love sitting down to such a lovely prepared table. Linda @bushelandapickle

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on winning a Feaure spot on Share it One More Time Janet!!! So happy to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow...everything looks so pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your home is absolutely beautiful Janet! Featured you at Be Inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure. Thank you for your kind words.

      Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

      Janet

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts