Nature Inspired Thanksgiving Table

Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a great week.  Mine was full of activities, workshops and makeover projects in our home.  But the highlight of the weekend was meeting Yvonne from Stonegable.  She hosted a tablescape workshop at Pottery Barn and it was full of fun and fresh ideas for holiday table settings.  I also had the chance to meet a few other bloggers that attended the event. What a wonderful group of ladies.  All so sweet and talented in their own right.  I will share a few photos of the event in the next few days.

But today, I want to share a table of my own design inspired nature.  I imagined what dining in the forest would be like.  I think there is something very enchanting and alluring about an untamed forest wilderness combined with a bit of elegance.


I began with a simple cream round tablecloth topped with a piece of burlap which I used as a table runner to give it that earthy feel.  


For my place setting, I started with a natural plate charger, Johnson Brothers Devon Cottage dinner plate and a yellow floral accent plate.  I then added the white pumpkin soup tureens and added the moss to the bottom to give it interest and a natural feel.  Mikasa stemware, Pier 1 cream and brown checked napkins and Horchow flatware complete each place setting.




A William Sonoma silverplate tea pot with Johnson Brothers Devon Cottage sugar and creamer set add a bit of elegance to my table.





Love the natural and organic look of this table.  













I love to entertaining for the holidays and a beautifully decorated table combined with good food and fun conversation is the ultimate gift that you can give to your guests during the holiday season. It does not require a large investment.  Just lots of creativity and imagination.  Use your good china. Mix it with inexpensive pieces with an unexpected color palette to create a fresh and fun table that will leave a lasting impression.

Thank you for visiting today.  I wish you all a wonderful and creative week.

Janet



Comments

  1. Your tablescape is beautiful - everything works perfect. So glad that you enjoyed meeting your fellow bloggers. What a fun work shop, and can hardly wait to hear all about it.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. una splendida tavola, complimenti Lory

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the nature motif and that twig vase is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, your tablescape is beautiful! I really adore your white soup tureens, the blue and white china and the use of some pretty shiny silverplate! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, I'm visiting from Nifty Thrifty Things and your Thanksgiving table just really caught my eye. And then I get here and see all of your beautiful table settings. You've got a real knack (as well as some great dishes)! Thanks for inspiring me!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, once again you have set a pretty tablescape!
    I love the colors you used. What a pretty vase and I love the hydrangeas.
    Have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I like the silverware too. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how cute the pumpkin is sitting on that moss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from Germany, dear Janet! I love your table decoration!!! The napkins, your beautiful pottery, the porcellaine pumpkins.. wonderful!!! I have bookmarked your blog, I am very much into cozy cottage style and love to read your blog!! Have a good week you and your family, lot's of greetings from Lony x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These combination of colors are surely dear to my heart!! Love the elegance with a bit of down to earth colors like in the burlap. You sure know how to do it Janet. Get a book going!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Earthy and botanical - perfectly lovely tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful Autumn table! Your little pumpkin soup tureens are wonderful. That's a very interesting vase the hydrangeas are in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet,
    Exquisite!!!
    I adore the textures of nature blended with your beautiful china, dear one!!!
    Thank you for inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table, love all the elements used. Colors you combined turned out beautifully too...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgive my delay, my darling Janet, I'm so very busy lately, but I'm here now, finally, with so much joy, as usual !
    Your table is so very inspiring and relaxing, as the time of Autumn which seems to flow slowly, with days becoming shorter and shorter ... you're able to create such wonderful and intimate atmospheres, bless you !
    Have a most beautiful end of the week,
    with thankfulness
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Janet....you know I love your tea, and especially the blue and white elements. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful Janet! I love the woodsy feel. The moss gives a hint of nature but brings out the elegance. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful!! I love the gingham and the transferware.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts