Mason Jar Candleholder Tutorial

Hello Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful and fun Thanksgiving.  Ours was extra special this year because we had the rare opportunity to spend it with my husband's family.  That normally does not happen since they all live very far away.  So to have been able to spend this entire holiday weekend with my husband's family was truly a special treat.

I am also super excited to start my holiday posts here at Rosemary & Thyme.  Christmas is one of my favorite seasons.  The house just takes on a different life.  It is full of color, light and fun gatherings with family and friends.  And this year, I hope to host a Christmas Tea with a couple of local blogger friends if they accept my invitation.  Keep your fingers crossed.

I have started with Christmas decorations in the dining room.  I can now say that it is about 95% done.  I will then have the Foyer and Living Room to complete.  But that will be have to wait until he weekend ahead.  I am out of energy this week.  Especially when a busy work week awaits.

Today however, I am sharing a fun and easy Mason Jar Candleholder tutorial that is perfect to decorate any part of your home for the holidays.  So please sit back and enjoy the tutorial.

















Here Is The Material List For The Mason Jar Candleholders:





  1. Tacky spray (To glue ribbon on Mason Jar)
  2. Ribbon (One of your choice)
  3. Fresh Cranberries
  4. Twine
  5. Christmas sprays for decorating jar ( I chose red berries and a green spray but you can be                                                                      creative)
  6. Scissors
  7. Fresh greens (I picked a few from my own garden)


Instructions For Decorating the Mason Jars:



Cut enough ribbon to cover the circumference of the Mason Jar.  Spray tacky glue on the back of the ribbon and press it around the jar until you get to the back.  Make sure it is neat and centered.



Tie the twine around the mouth of the Mason Jar.  Make sure to cut enough to make a pretty bow.  I placed mine of the left side but this is all up to you.






Place lace ribbon and greenery tucked behind the twine to secure it and then add berries.




Here is what it should look like by now.




Now add your fresh greens...  See top view below also.



Here is the final piece.  Isn't it lovely??

  




Lastly, fill the Mason Jars with water, add fresh cranberries and place a tea light right on top.  You will love this pretty candleholder.  It reminds me so much of and old fashioned Christmas.

I hope you enjoy this tutorial.  And please give it a go.  You will definitely love the end result.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I wish you all a great week.

Janet

Comments

  1. Oh Janet, this is beautiful!! Love those the white placemates too. Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have some mason jars, may have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful and easy craft Janet! The last photo is pure perfection! Thanks for the inspiration, we need some good one!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, I'm sorry about that comment and I deleted it! I love your mason jar candleholder and tutorial. It will look gorgeous anywhere in the house. I hope you have a lovely week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful. Great for the holidays or for a wedding. Easy to follow tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the clear tutorial Janet. This is such a lovely holiday candle holder and would make great party favors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how gorgeous your dining room is during this Season, my sweet, blessed Janet, the last photograph of yours let us see also your Christmas Tree already decorated !
    Thank you for another lovely idea, easy and economical to realize and so beautiful as placeholder, simple and so cute !
    So very glad to read that you've had a very wonderful Thanksgiving Day, I wish you a great Monday, sending love and tender, big hugs
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look! Where did you get your linens? I have so many snowmen; your tablescape would be perfect for me to use for my snowmen. Inspired! Glad ot hear your Thanksgiving was extra special wiht family. Have a great week. Linda @ bushelandapickle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mason jar candle! My girls and I will have fun making some of these. Great tutorial. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredibly beautiful and festive, my friend. I love the addition of berries to it.

    And may I just say your Christmas tree in the background is breathtaking! I also loved your sweet snowman on the table :)

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Have a lovely day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and so festive Janet!
    Have a great week!
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and so festive Janet!
    Have a great week!
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Such an easy and festive look. Thanks for sharing such a clear tutorial. And I love the last picture, with your beautiful tree in the background and pretty place setting. Happy December, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty idea!! I need to do more crafts this Christmas, it will help me not be so down. :(
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Janet:
    That is so cute! I want to do this next year with my grandmother - Lord willing and we are moved to Missouri. That is precious. What a great idea. I am so glad you shared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet:
    I have a plastic box in my sewing area and it has a sign taped to it: "Craft Projects to Do With Lily".
    That is my granddaughter. I printed this out and put it in the box for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your candle is lovely, Janet. I like the use of fresh greens and cranberries. The little crocheted star is sweet too and I love your pretty tree in the background. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I hope your Christmas tea with your blogger friends work out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Janet, how lovely to visit you! Your mason jar art is wonderful! You make it look so easy : )
    It is a very festive design. And here I was today, looking for table decorating inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Janet, you did a lovely job with this sweet craft! And it looks wonderful with your decor! I spy your gorgeous tree all trimmed and ready for Christmas, too!

    Have a wonderful weekend and blessed Advent season! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps

      Will you do me a favor and send me an email I want to show you something - but when I click your email it goes to Microsoft Office and I can't do it that way because all the emails through that my husband used, so I use g m a i l....so if you send me one I can reply back that way. Thanks, sorry for the trouble.

      Delete
  22. Janet, I love using fresh cranberries for décor at Christmas time. This mason jar candle is darling! Love the ribbon that you used. Hopped over from Bernideen's today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so adorably Christmasy. I have so many mason jars and these would be perfect for any Holiday dinner parties. I hope you are enjoying this Holidays season, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts