Favorite Books ~ At Home With Carolyne Roehm

I have been wanting to add a new section to my blog for a while now.  One in which I can share my favorite home design, afternoon tea, entertaining and recipe books.   As much as I love looking at pretty images and recipes on line, it is not the same as owning actual books.  There is nothing more relaxing and inspiring than glancing through the pages of a well illustrated book.  So today, I begin this section with a book by former fashion designer Carolyne Roehm.  It is called "At Home With Carolyne Roehm"






This is my first book from Carolyne Roehm and I must admit, it will not be my last.  This book is incredible.  I am totally in love.

Not only does this book contain gorgeous imagery, it is full of elegant and scrumptious recipes.  The table settings are simply stunning.  And you know me, that is all that I needed to see to fall head over heels for this pretty book.

The book is divided by seasons beginning with spring and ending with winter.  Each season then contains 12 themed gatherings.  Each one offering fresh ideas for table settings, floral arrangements, menus and decor.  From an charming picnic, fun lobster bake to an incredibly elegant Christmas Party.















The book has many interesting and sophisticated recipes such as Asparagus In Puff Pastry With Lemon Sauce and White Bean And Shrimp Salad which look easy to make.  And the tips for table top decor and decorative accents takes this book to a favorite for me.

So if you are someone that loves cooking, entertaining, home decor or that simply enjoys a well illustrated book, then this book is for you.  I purchased mine from amazon for $19.99.


Hardcover:  320 pages

Book size:  12.3 x 9.3 x 1.2



Let me know if you enjoy this new book review section.  I would love to know if that would be something you would be interested in.


I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week.

Janet















Comments

  1. The pictures of this book you show us are stunning Janet! I made a note of it, because I am a book freak. I always like reading book reviews so I think, go on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe you're in love with this book, sweetie, it cannot be otherwise !
    The images you've posted are truly amazing and to browse such a book is like a daydream, I'm sure.

    I thank you so much for this suggestion of yours, I'm so charmed by this kind of books and .... I'm going to write its title in the letter to Santa Claus .... :) !!!

    Have a blessed end of your week, my precious, beautiful friend, filled with joy and wonder,
    sending love and hugs with all my heart, dearest Janet,
    with thankfulness
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds just lovely and something that I would enjoy.. I will have to take the time and look for it and purchase it. I love the Blue picnic something I have recently been thinking about I saw a lovely picnic in a older Victorian magazine with yellows and it was so charming.. I can't wait to get it and see what's inside thank you for sharing it.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't CR wonderful!? Her home Weatherstone boasts some of the most beautiful gardens I've ever seen! I knew that she was in the process of a new release; thank you so much for giving us a peek. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts