Happy Sunday everyone. With the holidays fast approaching, I am planning ahead not only for Thanksgiving, but Christmas. Yes, I did say Christmas. Because I do make a lot of my own decorations, I do have to begin working on my projects a little early. And with all the inspiration in blogland, one can't help but inspired.
You will Need:
- Fresh pomegranates (As many as you would like for your table)
- Preserved Moss
- Ribbon or Jute twine (I used Christmas ribbon but you can use one of your preference. This is one project which can be easily customized)
- Small containers such as these rustic ones from Hobby Lobby but again, you can use any small container which you already have in hand.
- Small candles ( I used vigil candles purchased at Hobby Lobby).
- Stuff your containers with floral foam or plastic bags. What you want is to give your candleholder some height and stability.
- Cover the container with moss. Be sure that none of your foam or bags show. Leave a bit of the moss hang over the edge of the container just a bit.
- Scrape the little flower-looking tops in the inside of the pomegranate with a small pairing knife. But be very gentle. You do not want to cut or damage the top. Now you have created the perfect place to hold the candle in place.
- Add the candle on the top. Make sure that it fits firmly.
- Add ribbon of your choice and holiday sprig. I dressed mine up for Christmas but you can also use this idea for your Thanksgiving table by using a ribbon with fall colors.)
Here is the final result. Aren't they just lovely?? Now imagine these pretty candles dressing your holiday table. Just be sure to always use caution when using candles.
You can go to town with this idea. Your imagination has no limits. Be creative. You will see how fun and easy this project can be.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to stop by and comment. I am very grateful.