Easy Apple & Cranberry Galette

Hello to you all...  I hope you week is going well.  We are already on holiday mode in our home planning for Thanksgiving.  Thinking of side dishes to prepare, making our shopping list, getting the house in order and ironing table linens.   

But today, I wanted to share an easy recipe for those that want a no fuss and easy dessert to prepare for your Thanksgiving dinner.  It is my fresh Apple and Cranberry Galette using pre-made pie crust. Let's face it, we are all short on time during the holidays, especially when we have a house full of relatives and we're cooking for a crowd.  Enter the refrigerated pie crust, a favorite time saver.


















Here Is What You Need:

  • Parchment Paper
  • Cookie Sheet
  • Refrigerated pie crust
  • 3 fresh apples             Peeled, cored and cut into small squares. ( I used 2 granny smith and 1 McIntosh apple but you can use apples of choice)
  • 1/2 cup Cranberries
  • 1 1/4 cup Light brown sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract 
  • Milk (for brushing over crust)
  • Regular sugar (to sprinkle over crust)
  • 1 Table Spoon Butter (Optional)








Cut apples into small cubes.  Place in bowl with cranberries.  Preheat oven to  450 F.




Add sugar to the apples and cranberries.




Add cinnamon and vanilla.




 Mix all ingredients




Cut a piece of parchment paper and place on clean cookie sheet.  Roll out pie crust and place ingredients on center.  Do not over stuff...







Fold crust border up over apples, pinching any cracks in crust.  Brush crust with milk.  Sprinkle crust edges and apples with sugar.  Place chucks of butter on top.









Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.  Bake galette for 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes.  Cut into wedges and serve....

I truly hope you give this recipe a try.  It is easy and delicious.  I am sure your guests will enjoy it too.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I wish you a lovely weekend ahead.

Janet


Comments

  1. This is a great dessert idea to serve for Thanksgiving and the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple dessert looks and sounds so yummy! Hope you have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Janet for this recipe. I am going to make a couple of them for dinner. I always like to take something different and yummy.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love galette and this one has my name all over it Janet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apples pies and especially galettes, so this recipe of yours is truly my alley, darling !!
    Thank you so much for posting its recipe, have a Beautiful day today,
    sending big big hugs filled with love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat idea! Looks tasty AND pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, that just looks divine. I can't wait to try it. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the autumnal rustic look of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Janet :0) I have done this recipe many times and it is just delicious! I have tried it without the fruit and only with jam, and it comes out just as good ... Happy Thanksgiving to you! mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy in my tummy! I have a few apples that need used up and this would be perfect. Thank you for sharing your tasty recipes with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delicious. What a fancy alternative to a holiday pie! Thanks for linking up at You're Gonna Love It! Pining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts