Happy Sunday all. I hope you all had a great week. Today, I want to share an easy DIY project using fresh apples. These fresh apple tea lights are such a gorgeous idea to decorate a fall or Thanksgiving table. Inexpensive and so simple to make.
All you need are a few fresh apples and a few tea lights. How easy is that?? They are always my go to for adding a fall touch to any table.
I used red apples for this project but you can use any color you wish. Be sure to use a firm apple for this project. It will make cutting out the middle much easier. I also try to pick ones that are similar in shape and sizes.
Materials Need For Apple Tea Lights:
- Tea Lights
- Paring knife or pastry cutter
- Lemon Juice
- Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Place the tea light upside down on top of the apple and trace the circle with a pencil or pen
- Cut with a paring knife around the circle inserting the knife vertically as deep as the light is tall.
- Scoop them out with a spoon
- Squeeze lemon juice onto the cut surface to keep the apple from turning brown
- Insert a tea light
- Repeat with as many apples as you will use
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Thank you all for visiting me today.