Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Evening Tea & Pumpkin Cake

Good evening to you all.  I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.  Fall is slowly making its entrance.  There is a nip in the air and trees are once again ready for their spectacular show.


And I am once again ready for those sweets autumn evenings...Ready for nature's bursts in colors of gold, forest greens and rusty oranges. Falling leaves and cozy afternoons perfect for enjoying light conversation and warm cups of our favorite beverages. So today I am paying tribute to the start of fall with this late afternoon tea time setting.



Hydrangeas from my sister-in-law's pretty garden at the Jersey Shore make their way to my home. I love how the rusty colors on the hydrangeas are echoed on these charming tea cups by Johnson Brothers in the Harvest pattern.



As the days grow shorter and the evenings a bit cooler, the warm glow of candles make the transition into fall a little easier creating the ideal setting for celebrating autumns beauty.











A favorite pumpkin cake is the special treat this evening.  This a such a great recipe that I found on Pinterest.  It has become a favorite in our home.  It is easy to make.  Light, moist and addictive.  (See recipe below)






I hope you give this wonderful recipe a try.  Thank you for stopping by today.

I hope this week turns out wonderful for you....

Janet



(Recipe from Kitchen Meets Girl via Pinterest)


Grandma’s Pumpkin Snack Cake
Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 15-ounce can pumpkin
For the Frosting:
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and beat at low speed until combined and the batter is smooth.
  4. Spread batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
  5. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the sugar and milk and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread over cooled bars. Dust lightly with cinnamon, if desired.

PS..  I cut the sugar from 2 cups to 1 cup.


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignettes Janet and yes, I printed that recipe and will make it soon. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and have a wonderful week.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the hydrangea's and the lovely tea cups. The pumpkin recipe sounds wonderful - thank you for sharing! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is this romantic autumn tea setting. Love the Hydrangeas together with the lace and then the pumpkin cake, I have printed it, hope to be able to make it soon.
    Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have the most beautiful home, my dear Janet! Such loveliness...and oh my! How pretty the hydranges are - they are some of my favourite flowers and I have many special memories attached to them...
    Hmmm...and the pumpkin cake sounds absolutely divine! I love Autumn...so cosy and delightful!
    Enjoy your week...ever so much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Janet! Those hydrangeas are such a perfect compliment to your beautiful tea. So very romantic! Stunning, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming, warm, and oh-so-cozy, my friend. Everything is so lovely and inviting. Thanks for sharing, dear Janet. Have a wonderful day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe. I bought a pumpkin some days ago and I wanted to make something delicious with it.

    Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pinned this! It sounds delicious!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tea set ! The cups and plates with the Fall print is also beautiful. That set up is proper for a king and queen! Thank you for including the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo's are so pretty and romantic with the candle light. The pumpkin cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pumpkin bread looks so delicious!!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe! Your tea setting vignette looks so beautiful, and inviting to sit and enjoy a cup of tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pumpkin bread looks wonderful, Janet. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love a white tea set and yours is so pretty. Of course I love anything made by JB. The hydrangeas are a perfect match to the teacups. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely table, Janet. Your delicious pumpkin bread is perfect for a fall tea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a beautiful presentation with the candles, hydrangeas the the Pumpkin Cake! I am sure the room was aglow with "delicious"! I love that transferware pattern which is hand colored I have heard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really is a very delightful tea setting. The beautiful bouquet has lovely shades that complement your Johnson Bros. Harvest pattern. Your gorgeous candle holder caught my eye as it gives off warmth to the vignette. The pumpkin cake looks scumpous and glad you shared it with us. Please, pop over and view my post this week!
    Have a great fall week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post, it seems very soothing and relaxing. Lovely hydrangeas alongside your lovely tea cups and white tea set. Thanks for the recipe, looks yummy!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful tea time vignettes. The lighting perfectly creates a cozy yet elegant atmosphere. I feel like there is a story here. I feel a gentle woman in cashmere twin set and pearls hovering in the wings. I feel a grand aunt in a guest room dozing. You have created a whole world for me with your vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Janet,
    I love your pretty hydrangeas and the pumpkin cake sound delicious. I love finding recipes on Pinterest. I have pinned this to try sometime.
    Thank you for joining and sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We love having you and we can't wait to see what you share with us next time.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous arrangement! And the recipe for the pumpkin cake looks scrumptious! You have a lovely website! Enjoyed my visit here :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cozy home, my darling, Fall inspires us all, doesn't it ?
    I love how your sensitiveness drives your creativity and your hands, the colour of your wonderful pictures are those which I can see just now under the rays of a shy sun in the woods of the valley surrounding Tenuta Geremia !
    Thank you with all my heart or these moments you present me as a gift, a precious gift, my blessed Janet, have a joyous day darling
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm taking note of your pumpkin pie, I've never done it before and I'm enthusiastic to try it, thank you for this too, my precious friend !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janet, as always, it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/10/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_18.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the party. Have a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful warm romantic setting! Love this! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Janet this was so pretty I had to feature it today! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are the queen of gorgeous tea settings amiga preciosa!
    Oh my, wish I was there for a cuppa tea and a piece of your grandma's pumpkin cake. We would chatter for hours!!!
    Thanks for sharing such beauty as always.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete