Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Transitional Fall Tablescape

Hello friends.  It is finally sinking in.  The autumnal equinox is tomorrow and with it come the much anticipated pumpkin spice lattes, cozy interiors, favorite pumpkin picking farms, and the overwhelming urge to decorate for fall.

As much as I love summer, I do have to admit that I love fall and all the cozy comforts that it brings.  There is something very appealing and welcoming in the burnished color palette that the season brings.

I am slowly transitioning our home into fall.  I have put out a few fabric pumpkins, door wreaths, throws and floral arrangements.  But the front and back entrances remain undone.  I feel the temperatures are still a bit warm to bring in the real pumpkins and mums.  So I will wait a week or two before I decorate our two main entrances.

Today, I want to share with you a transitional fall tablescape.  I did not use anything new here.  The table setting was put together with items that I already own.  


I decided to style this table using a soft color palette with lots of layers and textures.  My colors of choice were a pastel yellow and navy blue.  I began with a simple cream tablecloth and added round yellow placemats as my first layer.  I then placed a wooden plate charger on top for texture and to accentuate the blue dinner plates.  My fourth layer was the pastel yellow accent plate and the pumpkin tureen was the final piece that completed my little masterpiece.



An elegant faux silk flower arrangement in shades of burnt oranges, browns and greens bring provides a focal point and brings a bit of harmony to the look.  Simple stemware and flatware complete each place setting.


















An equally beautiful silverplate teapot adds a bit of elegance and charm to the table.






A cherished heirloom adds a bit of visual interest and femininity to my table.  


SOURCE LIST

  • Dinner plates, tea cups, cream and sugar:  Johnson Brothers - Devon Cottage pattern.
  • Yellow floral accent plates:  Grace (Home Goods)
  • Ceramic pumpkin soup tureens:  Grace (Home Goods)
  • Brown Flatware:  Home Goods
  • Placemats and chargers:  Home Goods
  • Stemware:  Crate and Barrel 
  • Floral arrangement:  Made by me 
  • Bust:  Gift 

I will be sharing more fall tablescape inspiration in the next few weeks.  Fall is the perfect time to share wonderful seasonal fare with family and friends.  So I hope to inspire you to dress your table this season. 

What is your favorite part of fall??  Is it the decorations, delectable foods, autumn colors, or entertaining?  For me, it is all of the above.

Thank you for stopping by.

Fondly,

Janet

  






29 comments:

  1. Janet, I adore the contrast of the blue and lemon. What a gorgeous, fresh take on your Fall tablescapes. Stunning. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi. You are very kind. Love your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. What an elegant tablescape! My favourite part of fall is pumpkin flavoured everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margie. I appreciate your kind words. I live for pumpkin cake in the fall. I must share the recipe soon.

    I have to agree with you. Enjoy this beautiful season. Thank you for visiting.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour,

    Une table magnifique... Une note automnale, juste ce qu'il faut sans qu'elle nous étouffe. Tout est méticuleusement placé.
    J'aime beaucoup vos petites citrouilles blanches qui semblent bien "vivantes" !

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tablesetting, I love those pumpkin tureens and your wonderful flowerdecoration with even pears in it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear Janet! Your tablescapes are absolutely breathtaking...you are an incredibly talented stylist...
    This table is so elegant, and I adore the colours you used...just beautiful!
    May you have a delightful Wednesday...and enjoy your lovely Fall days!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual I feel fascinated by your ability in this art which truly belongs to you above all !
    Everything is always so perfect, your bowls which look like true pumpkins are unique, the flowers and the colours you've chosen ... I'm looking forward to your next 'ideas', my darling Janet, have joyous Fall days !!!

    With dear love

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Se respira belleza y elegancia en cada una de las fotografías, preciosa entrada, besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite part of Autumn is definitely the pumpkins. The decor and food; especially pie! Your table setting is wonderful and I love the Devon Cottage china. I have a teapot in that same pattern. Happy Autumn, Janet, and thank you for sharing with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty and fresh! Love the touch of soft yellow.
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Janet,
    Happy Fall. What a pretty table setting you have decorated. I love the white pumpkin tureens on the plates and the pretty floral arrangement. It's just so elegant and perfect for fall entertaining.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tablescapes are always stunning, my friend. I love how you make each one unique and beautiful in its own way.

    Happy Fall, sweet Janet. And thanks for joining Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of blue and yellow is one of my favorites. I think it is a great theme for the summer to fall transition. I noted your stemware and thought it was vintage. Lovely tablescape. Jill at Teacups and Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such cute ideas!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious table. Everything flows together and your arrangement is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your choice of colours, the contrast between blue and yellow . My favourite part of fall has to do with the colours and the soft rain fall that makes the soil smell of wood and ...... autumn!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful I love the Blue and White with the Yellow I was just thinking what I could do with my Blue and White.. I love the yellow and I adore those pumpkin tureens so sweet. Great table setting Happy Autumn with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whau! I am mesmerized! I love the colors you picked. Yes, I agree with previous comments about the pumpkin tureens, they are beautiful! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colours you have used in your table setting are very pretty and bring just the right touch to a transitional time.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh! I love blue and yellow and this tablescape is beautiful. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the blue and yellow combination and the elegance of this table. I would say that my favorite fall 'thing' would be falling in love with pumpkin pie all over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It really is gorgeous Janet! I love the softness of the blue and yellow. The individual tureens are such a fun touch! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blue and yellow makes a beautiful fall table! I like this combo for something different. Thank for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful. Love the touch of yellow that you added.
    xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  26. You set such a pretty table! We are having company Thursday night and I'd love to find some placemats like yours. Going to Home Goods tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Janet, it's lovely as always! I love the blue and yellow combo! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week’s bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-152.html Hope to see you again this week. Have a beautiful day! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sooo pretty...I love the interesting color palette you've used. Absolutely charming.

    ReplyDelete