Sunday, September 13, 2015

Homemade Peach Scone Recipe

Happy Sunday to you.  I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.  We have been very busy around here these days.  We have been working on a makeover of our master bedroom.  It has been a large undertaken.  Walls have been painted, floor removed and replaced, lighting has been changed and even our bedroom set is being painted.  My poor husband is working his little tail off.  Lost of work for sure.  I must admit though, it is looking fresh and pretty already.  We still have to add window treatments, trim and finish painting a few more of the bedroom furniture so I say we still have a couple of  more weekends before it is complete.

But today, I am sharing this simple recipe for Homemade Peach Scones.  These scones have a soft center, crisp edges and crumble lightly.  I also like that they turn out moist and flaky and have a chuck of juicy and sweet peach with every bite.   




























RECIPE

INGREDIENTS


  • 2 cups all-purpose flower
  • 1/3 cup of white granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
  • 1/2 sour cream
  • 1 large egg lightly beaten
  • 1 cup of chopped fresh peaches, cut into dime size pieces

DIRECTIONS

  1. Adjust oven rack to lover-middle position and preheat over to 400 degrees
  2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Place butter into flour mixture; use fingers to work in butter.  (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in peaches.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
  4. Using fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form.  Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball.  (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press the dough, it will come together.
  5. Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into 7 to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick.  Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles;m place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Be sure to place about 1 inch apart.  Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the scones and bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.

I served mine with my homemade peach jam.  (see link with jam recipe)  http://rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com/2015/09/homemade-peach-jam.html 

I am certain that you will enjoy these scones very much.  They are delicious.  What is your favorite scone recipe??








Thank you for visiting my blog.  I am happy you came.

Fondly, 

Janet

22 comments:

  1. I love scones! I sure would like to try this recipe! I made some scones for one of our churches last Saturday. I sure like it with a cup of coffee. The tarts are so pretty!! You arrange the table with such love, it looks so romantic and beautiful ! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que ganas amiga de tus deliciosos scones! Your setting in the garden is as usual... gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will pin it.
    Have a lovely week.
    Abrazos,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely setting for those scones. You need a tea break from all that hard work redoing your bedroom. I know it will be wonderful when it is all done. We have lots of projects going on to. Tonight my husband was trimming the tree in our front yard which has a lot of dead areas. It got so dark, he had to quit for the night. Those little strawberry tarts in your photos look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, these just look heavenly. And what a pretty table you set! I feel like I'm there. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet,
    Wow your scones look so yummy. I love the pretty tablescape too.
    I hope you have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just outside my back door by which I go out on the back garden, I have a peach tree which every years gifts us more than 100 kgs of peaches: that's a big joy to me because I'm passionate with them and every time I go out I pick up one ... two ... three .... well, a few a peaches a day, maybe too many sometimes :) !
    We do preserve them because they're truly too many and then we love to have them during the cold months of the winter, especially baked in pies and little cookies, so, with this recipe, my darling Janet, you've done me such a great gift !
    I seem to smell their perfume in my kitchen ... and to be honest that's the first recipe of this kind I'm reading ... I'm going and take note ... immediately !

    With gratitude I wish you a wonderful week, my sweetheart, filled with joy and lovely things,

    sending much love and hugs

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Peach Scones sound heavenly Janet!! What a beautiful post!! I adore scones and one of my favorite recipes is the one on my blog for lemon (bunny) scones! xo! Jina

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...I can almost taste them!!! Love scones and mixed with my favorite fruit, they must be heavenly!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look delicious. And, I love your blue & white. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really delicious!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post makes me hungry. The scones look so good. Love the blue and white tea cups. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear me Janet, your peach scones, your lovely dishes, and your planter all make for a romantic setting. What is my favorite scone? Hmmmm...I do LOVE oatmeal raisin scones, but then again, everyone I make turns into my favorite, and sometimes it depends on the season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet, your tea setting really is lovely! I love your blue china and it looks stunning next to the planter. Fruit scones are a favourite and I have made all different kinds over the years. I think probably my all-time fav are the fruit scones made with dried fruit I use in my fruit cakes. They are spicy and especially nice around Christmastime. A lovely posting, Janet, and thank you for sharing with us. Have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many scone recipes...so little time! Those peach scones look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your scones are just peachy! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be trying your Homemade Peach Scone Recipe, they look and sound amazing. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet, I would be right at home with your peach scones and blue and white china! I've posted a few of my favorite scone recipes, but I'm open to any scone made with butter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look so good!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look so good!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look so good!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love a good scone. Yours look delish! Thanks for joining in the fun for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning, lovely friend! My, these peach scones sound and look delectable! As I sip my morning coffee I am wishing I had one right now {{smiles}} Thank you for sharing this with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again this week. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete