Happy Sunday to you. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We have been very busy around here these days. We have been working on a makeover of our master bedroom. It has been a large undertaken. Walls have been painted, floor removed and replaced, lighting has been changed and even our bedroom set is being painted. My poor husband is working his little tail off. Lost of work for sure. I must admit though, it is looking fresh and pretty already. We still have to add window treatments, trim and finish painting a few more of the bedroom furniture so I say we still have a couple of more weekends before it is complete.
But today, I am sharing this simple recipe for Homemade Peach Scones. These scones have a soft center, crisp edges and crumble lightly. I also like that they turn out moist and flaky and have a chuck of juicy and sweet peach with every bite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flower
- 1/3 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
- 1/2 sour cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup of chopped fresh peaches, cut into dime size pieces
- Adjust oven rack to lover-middle position and preheat over to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place butter into flour mixture; use fingers to work in butter. (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in peaches.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
- Using fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press the dough, it will come together.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into 7 to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles;m place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure to place about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the scones and bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
I served mine with my homemade peach jam. (see link with jam recipe) http://rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com/2015/09/homemade-peach-jam.html
I am certain that you will enjoy these scones very much. They are delicious. What is your favorite scone recipe??
Thank you for visiting my blog. I am happy you came.