Thank goodness that peaches have a long growing season. Most grow from May through October, which gives us plenty of time enjoy this delicious fruit. I get pretty excited when I see a bucketful of of beautiful fresh peaches. And making them into peach jam lets us enjoy them even longer. So today, I am sharing this easy and yummy Peach Jam Recipe that I made a few weeks ago.
The peaches I purchased from out local farmer's market were very ripe and sweet, so I was able to use less sugar. If your peaches are the same, be sure to start out with a bit less sugar and give them peaches a little taste test, and you can add more if needed. (Rinse them really well)
I like to cut the peaches in small cubes for cooking.
Cook over medium heat.
Enjoy with a delicious peach scone of toast, It is simply delicious. (Recipe for peach scone pictured below will be posted shortly.)
Homemade Peach Jam Recipe
- 3 1/2 pounds of peaches (peeled, pitted and cut into chunks)
- 2 cups of sugar (you can start with less sugar and add gradually if needed, just do a taste test)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 spoon of cornstarch (I like to add this step to help the jam set just be sure to mix it with the lemon juice before adding into the sauce pan so you do not get any clumps)
- Add peaches and lemon juice mixture to medium size sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Use a spatula or masher to crush peaches to desired consistency.
- Add sugar. (Be sure to stir frequently)
- Continue to cook and stir, until peaches reduce and reach desired consistency. (This can take anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes. Jam should stick to spoon when lifted and turned.)
And that is all friends. It is that simple. Now enjoy your delicious homemade peach jam.