Rustic Romantic Tablescape

Not a lot of words today.  It is just another busy day around here.  I am finding myself with a growing to-do list for my home and my blog.  Thinking ahead and looking forward to new goals and changes.   
Which brings me to the frightful thought that it is already August and I find that the promised lazy days that summer brings have been far too little.  How does that happen?  Where did the summer go? Do you feel that way too?  But I can't complain, it was been a very enjoyable summer so far.  We have enjoyed our garden tremendously, taking a few very productive and inspiring short trips and spent a few days with my parents in Florida.

With that said, I thought I would share a simple rustic and romantic tablescape I put together this weekend for my husband and I.  I made a lovely dinner for the two of us and served it in the garden. A tasty and delightful meal enjoyed under the stars.  I just live for those moments...  Memories, smiles and lots of laughter.  

I hope you enjoy what I put together.































Vase is from Joann Fabrics.



Dinner plates are from Pier 1.  Plate charger is from Michael's.
 



Thank you for your visit.  I appreciate you so very much.

Janet











Comments

  1. What a beautiful and romantic summer setting. I can see siting out there on a warm peaceful evening. I cannot believe summer is also over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet how romantic and beautiful. I bet it was so nice having dinner out in the garden with that beautiful tablescape. Love the roses also.
    I am looking forward to Fall, feels like it in the wind.
    Have a great week - I am resting up after my wild 2 weeks of my 80th Birthday Partying.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you don't know how much I do love vintage crowns, I'm truly passionate with them, - and it's so difficult to find them here in Italy, alas ! - and you've put a charming one as a table centerpiece, GORGEOUS idea, your taste is wonderful, believe me, my darling Janet !
    I'm going to watch your photographs again while I'm sending much love and gratitude for sharing such loveliness.

    I hope your week is off to a great start, my sweetest friend,

    with all my heart

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very lovely and romantic. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    Hugs, Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a delightful place to dine, and everything looks perfect..........
    Love your dinnerware, gorgeous, and you can never go wrong with
    roses, they can stand alone in gorgeousness.............
    Hope you enjoyed your dinner, can't imagine that you couldn't have.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! A beautiful way to celebrate a summer evening. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and romantic table setting, and I love your centerpiece! I've scrolled back through a few of your posts, can't believe I've missed so many! Those fruit tortes looked delicious.
    Yes, sad that summer is passing so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table setting, gorgeous flowers and love the detail on those plates, so great to make a dinner special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! Love the dishes and that crown!! What a gorgeous table you set!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet, what a beautiful table you set outside for your dinner. I love the roses and that pretty crown.
    Have a nice day and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Janet it looks just lovely and cozy... Cant wait till I can move to Mamas house and do these things he i have the garden vut there no lawn and because its not mine i refuse to pay for it since im leaving in the future.. Happy weekend with love enjoyed my visit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amiga bella, que hermoso esta todo!
    The white china is stunning and with the roses makes a very romantic evening with your love. Your crown is gorgeous, I'd love to find one. Even if it's not vintage as yours is. Beautiful!
    Loved your visit and your sweet comments.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Janet, your tablescape is a masterpiece! I love everything about it....especially the vase and roses :) I will be featuring this lovely post at Roses of Inspiration on Monday afternoon - thanks for sharing, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely "Table for two"!
    Yes, I recognize the August thoughts. I have mostly stayed at home, in the garden, but still should have spent more time enjoying...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet, you always set such a gorgeous table! How wonderful to dine in the garden! Summer has flown by way too fast, but we have had some great fun as well! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts