Monday, August 17, 2015

My Travels ~ A Visit To ABC Carpet & Home In New York

Whenever I am in New York, a stop at ABC Carpet & Home is always a must.  This is the kind of store that offers a world of design inspiration and beauty for the home.  The prices are way out of my league, but the inspiration that I get whenever I visit this unique design store is priceless.  

The store has six floors of very high-end and luxurious goods.  From dinnerware, linens, bedding and high-end antiques.  Worn hardwood floors creak under your feet as your walk each floor, glittering chandeliers and massive antique columns adorn each room, and furniture vignettes stand everywhere. These goods and definitely for those with very deep pockets and impeccable taste.


Isn't this chandelier spectacular??  It was over $3,600.00.  I think I'll wait.....



Gorgeous rustic furniture.



Loving all the French antiques.
























Look at the patina on these urns.  Perfection.
















  












































I hope you enjoyed the tour.  If ever your travels take you to New York City, please be sure to visit this incredible store.  It is located 888 Broadway, New York, NY.


As always, thank you for your visit.
Janet




8 comments:

  1. Oh my word, dear Janet! I would feel I had died and gone to a home heaven in this amazing store!
    I don't blame you for stopping by every time you go to the Big Apple. I'm gonna make a point when I get to go to my hometown. Everything is amazing, every piece of furniture and the chandy is stunning. Yes, a little to expensive. The mirrors are gorgeous and elegant and so are the beds.
    Love the white china too.
    Have a blessed week querida amiga.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous store.. loved everything the beautiful canopy bed.. o my.. it looks like French funiture.. just lovely. Have a wonderful new week with love Janice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty things. I really liked all the chandiliers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word I just drooled on my keyboard!

    I think I adored every. single. piece!

    And what a wonderful trip - I ♥ NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. My darling,
    the truth is that my eyes didn't know which direction to take watching your wonderful photographs, with this you've presented us another amazing gift, sweetest Janet !

    I'm coming back from Stephanie and I've seen that you've been featured, I'm so very glad, you truly deserved it, the tablescape you gave life to - with that unforgettable crown - , is too lovely !

    Have a blessed continuation of the week, dearie,
    whole heartedly
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...dear Janet! What a delightful antique store...I can see why you love to visit for inspiration...smiles... Such gorgeous vintage treasures!
    Wishing you a beautiful week further!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, Janet, I would do a lot of looking but no buying. What is interesting is that people buy vintage furniture in high-end stores like ABC Carpet & Home, but when people try to rid homes of older furniture it's such a difficult chore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, this is one of my favorite stores too in NYC! I have a rug from this store in my living room that I love. I have not been in the store for a while but I enjoyed your tour. I hope you are staying cool. Take care.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete