Mason Jar Lid Nutella Raspberry Tarts Recipe

I have a confession to make friends: I love sweets.  Especially anything with Nutella.  This chocolate and hazelnut spread has totally won my heart.  And it turns out, I am not the only one.  A few weeks ago on our trip to the Italian market "Eataly" in New York, I discovered a Nutella bar could you believe?  And the store was completely packed with Nutella afictionados'.  The Nutella bar offers shakes, candies, fresh crepes and cookies stuffed with this amazing chocolate.  What a sugar rush...

So when I saw Stoneglable's recipe for Chocolate raspberry tarts baked in mason jar lids, I could help but feel inspired to give the recipe a try.  I did give it my own twist.  Yvonne's recipe calls for chocolate ganache and my tarts are filled with Nutella.  And how clever to use MASON JAR LIDS as tart pans.  Yvonne is truly amazing.  Be sure to give a visit http://www.stonegableblog.com/

Here is the recipe for these adorable and delicious individual desserts.   You will truly love them.






Use refrigerated ready-made pie crust.  I used a large saucer to cut the circles but you can use a large cookie cutter or glass to make the dough circles that will go into the mason jar lids.  Be sure to face the rubber banding down and spray them with Pam or simply butter the lids.  It is your preference.







Cut out pie crust rounds large enough to cover the mason jar lid bottoms.  


Leave a bit of an overlap on the lids.  Prick with a fork before baking.



Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges of the crust are golden brown.  Do not remove from mason jar lids once they are baked.  Let them cool and fill them with Nutella.  Be sure to spread the filling evenly on the tarts. 




Add raspberries to the top of each tart, a little confectioner's sugar and mint for garnish.  Enjoy the goodness.







Ingredients

  • 1 package of refrigerated pre-made pie crust
  • Pam or bakers joy cooking spray.  (you may use butter too)
  • fresh firm raspberries, washed and dried
  • 1 Jar of Nutella
  • confectioner's sugar

Instructions

  • Preheat oven according to pie crust directions.
  • Place 8 large mason jar lids with rubber strip facing down in their rims on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Spray with cooking spray.
  • Cut out 8 pie crust rounds large enough to cover the mason jar lid bottom, side and with a little hanging over the top edge.  Prick with a fork.
  • Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges of the crust are golden brown.  Let cool.  Do not remove from the mason jar lids.
  • When the jars are completely cool add enough of the Nutella spread to cover the bottom of the tarts.  Spread evenly.
  • Refrigerate for about 15 minutes
  • Remove tarts from refrigerator and add raspberries to the top of each tarts.
  • Garnish with confectioner's sugar and fresh mint.

Thank you all for stopping by today.  I do hope that you enjoy this recipe.

I wish you all a great week ahead.

Janet


PS.  I will share my peach jam and peach scone recipe later this week.



Comments

  1. Janet, these look sensational! I'm a closet Nutella lover too. So yummy in crepes and a fond memory of being in Paris. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing it and the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... Dearest Janet! Once again I am inspired by your beautiful pictures, words and baked treats! Hmmm... These raspberry tarts look and sound oh so lovely and how darling they are baked in mason jar lids...I simply *have* to try these sometime in the very near future!
    I haven't tried Nutella before...but I just may have to!
    Wishing you a wonderfully blessed Tuesday! Hugs and love, always...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to look at, Janet, and undoutedly delicious to enjoy. Your joy in presentation and baking shines through once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yum!!! Now you have my sweet tooth sitting up and taking notice Janet! They look and sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I am drooling, I have to go make a batch of these little tarts, Janet! I have made the jar ring tops with several fillings, but hadn't thought of using Nutella, even though I always have a large jar in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous idea to use jar lids as small baking-pans, you're so ingenious, my darling Janet and ... well I also cannot resist facing a vase of Nutella !!!!
    Thank you so much for this suggestion and for the certainly delicious recipe, my sweetest friend, have a wonderful continuation of the week,

    sending dear love and hugs

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet, wow I love this mason jar lid nutella tart recipe. It looks so pretty and I bet delicious. Thanks again for joining and sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I never thought of using Nutella in tarts and these look so good! A tasty looking tea setting, Janet. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so together! I would have never thought of that, and they look amazing. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMY! I'm also nuts about nutella and have been guilty of eating it straight out of the jary. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now if those are t the sweetest, most darling desserts, Janet! I love the idea of using canning jar bands and lids, as I always have a supply for jam making. Using Nutella makes this so easy. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this is such a great idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, you were right, I do like these! I love Nutella so I knew I would like these. Cooking them in he mason jar lid is interesting... Did you try popping them out of the lid? I'm wondering if they would pop out easily as the lids are kind of like the fancy tart pans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm your newest follower so I don't miss one of your future recipes. They look so good and I'm filing them away for when I'm back to eating carbs. For now, I'll use them as eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Janet, I love sweets too! I could easily eat dessert after lunch and supper....and breakfast too {{smiles}} Your tarts are absolutely delightful! What a clever idea to use a Mason jar lid. These are definitely something I will have to make soon. Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yummy! I had Nutella -stuffed French toast last weekend. Delicious! Your tarts look easy and amazing. And what a great idea with those lids.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, Nutella is my downfall also! But as far as I get cooking with it is to open a package of shortbread cookies and spread the Nutella on them. These tarts look wonderful! I should be more patient and give them a try. Have a lovely week ~ Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree that using the lids is such a clever idea. These looks so delish! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning, my friend. I want to pop in and let you know this delightful post will be featured later today at Roses of Inspiration - thanks for sharing :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janet,
    I have been wanting to get back to your blog to check out some older posts. These nutella tarts look amazing and what a lovely treat to present guests at a party, or tea, etc. They look elegant and labor intensive. A company pleaser for sure. Cannot wait to try these!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts