Fruit Crepes With Whipped Cream Recipe

Happy Sunday friends.  I hope you all are having a great weekend.  Sunday's are pretty special in our home.  It means more time to sleep and a very lovely breakfast or brunch alfresco during the warmer months.

And this Sunday was no exception.  Our day began with this little feast of FRUIT CREPES stuffed with fresh whipped cream, fruit and topped with a strawberry sauce.  I made use of the fruits that were already in hand such as mango, blueberries and strawberries but you can use your favorites here.  The hardest thing about this recipe is deciding what you will fill your crepes with. 
















Side note, these crepes can be served for breakfast or as a dessert.  Who can say no to these?  So so  yummy and light.  Enjoy.

Happy Sunday....

Janet




Here is the recipe that I used for the crepes.  It is from All Recipes.  There is also a link to a how to video.


Crepes


INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour


1 pinch salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and oil. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
2.Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.

"These traditional crepes are made with eggs, milk, flour, salt and oil."





Comments

  1. These look scrumptious! I love going out for crepes, but you have me inspired to make my own.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crepes are so beautiful. I have been making crepes too. I make them from scratch and fill them with fresh blueberries, strawberries or fruit preserves and topped with a sprinkling of powder sugar or a dollup of cool whip. They are perfect for Summer because they are so light. Have you ever made savory crepes? I have not tried them yet because my recipe is for sweet crepes so the batter has sugar in it. One of our favorite places to eat in the city is Crepeville and we always get savory ones.

    Janet you really know how to present your meals so beautifully. It's as if it is a tea party at your house for every meal. You have a gift for it! Thank you always for all of your lovely visits and comments to my Instagram and blog. You are so kind. xo Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks so beautiful with your crepes and fruit. I love crepes for brunch or as a dessert.
    Everything looks terrific and are the perfect meal in the summer out in the garden.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is a feast for the eye and the crepes with fruit delicious. I make them with special occasions as a dessert. But I think it would a great surprise for my husband when I make them for breakfast on a nice summerday, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I want one of those Fruit Crepes with whipped cream right now. Wonderful presentation and sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how delicious these fruit crepes look... Dear Janet! You are truly gifted...just look at that beautiful presentation...like a work of art! Hmmm...I love crepes, and oh my! Filled with fruit, whipped cream and strawberry sauce...to delicious for words!
    Sending hugs and love your way!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunday morning dining not only looks delicious, Janet, but I can imagine tastes even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love these...time to make some for tomorrows breakfast....strawberries and blueberries..yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet friend, how I would love a bite of your crepes! They are not only beautiful, but they look delicious! It's been a while since I've had crepes.... think I need to change that :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet, your fruit crepes looks so good and so does your very pretty table! Thanks so much for joining and sharing this at our Cooking & Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the rest of the week and I'm now following you by Google Friend Connect.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Crepes are my specialty. Thanks for joining the Thursday Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow...this sounds delicious!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking & Crafting with J & J this week. I featured you & hope you will stop by again. Thanks and enjoy your day.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fruit crepes and have not had one for so long. Sure do look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janet, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts