Table Settings ~ Afternoon In Our Garden


Happy Saturday all.  I hope you all had a fun and happy fourth of July.  Many are probably still celebrating or recovering from all the activities and cooking today.  Ours will continue tomorrow with more family coming over for another barbecue  But it is an extra special day since our little grandson will be coming to visit too.

I have been on a small blog brake trying to dedicate more time to myself and enjoying more time with family.  In fact, we just returned from a trip to Florida.  I was able to visit my parents and our niece who we had not seen in a few years.  It was wonderful to catch up with relatives I had not seen in years.  We were finally able to meet our dear niece's children.  It simply was special.  A very happy week with new treasured memories.

Today, I am sharing a few photos that I took a few weeks ago while working in the garden with my husband.  We love to spend time outdoors working in the garden.  It is our little peace of heaven. Peaceful, relaxing and simply a beautiful place to enjoy.  But June is certainly a most spectacular time in our garden. That is when everything starts to come alive;  roses, peonies, lilacs.  The show is just breathtaking.  It does take some work to keep everything manicured but we love it anyway.




Normally, I will set-up a spot in the garden with some fruit and refreshments to keep us hydrated during the hot summer months.  Some flavored water usually does the trick.  I used fresh lemon juice, blueberries and mint from our garden to flavor the water.  




A pretty hat is always a must while working in the garden.  It protects you from the sun, keeps you a bit cooler and it is fashionable too......







This year our peonies were amazing.  So many pretty blooms.







A Little Tour of Our Garden a Few Weeks Ago









































I hope you enjoyed the tour.  

Thank you for coming to visit today.  I wish you all a great week.

Janet

Comments

  1. Simply beautiful. So many lovely flowers - enjoy your garden and thank you so much for giving us a beautiful tour and sharing your plants with us.
    Hope you had a great 4th.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. You are always so sweet and kind.

      Our fourth of July was great. I hope yours was too.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Dearest Janet, what stunning roses! And I bet they smell heavenly :) I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow with family...enjoy, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. Your comments always make me smile. Sunday was a great day for sure. Family always brightens my day.

      Have a lovely week pretty friend.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear Janet... Your garden is simply breathtaking! How I wish I could take a stroll around it and delight in the beautiful blooming roses gracing your flowerbeds! You have put so much effort into creating a peaceful, pleasant atmosphere in your garden and now how wonderful to enjoy the fruits of your labour! And I just love your little table which you set in such a lovely, simple way...the flavoured water sounds delicious!
    I hope you are enjoying a lovely, joyful weekend, dear Janet!
    Sending much love and hugs to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Janet, good Sunday to you !
    June is the month of gardens, and we've to enjoy them taking care and feel fascinated for the wonderful gifts it share with us, your flowers were truly gorgeous, you and your husband have done such lovely photographs !
    We're having such hot temperatures here that we cannot enjoy our gardens even late in the evening, for having dinner with friends, for example, as we were used to do in this period of the year, we're hoping in cooler weather.
    Have a joy-filled day with your dears, darling, I'm sending love and hugs to you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your peonies, roses and your garden photos :)!!! Fashionable hat :)!!!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un jardin où j'ai tout de suite envie de prendre place pour une citronnade rafraîchissante...
    J'imagine aussi le parfum des roses m'enveloppant!
    Merci pour ce moment de poésie et d'évasion.
    Bon dimanche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the tour in your garden, you have lovely roses! Your table is so inviting with the refreshments and your hat.....I don´t know if it is fashionable but I love it with the flower pattern.
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetest Janet, HELLO! Your garden is speaking to me this morning, as a place of rest and comfort. Yesterday for the fourth, we just sat at home and I made basil pesto burgers, we read, we wrote, we just faded into the moonlight.

    I believe we were meant to be in the garden. The earth calls us, we listen and are happy. Your beautiful vignette with the fresh lemons and blueberries, WHAT A DELICIOUS invitation to sit and enjoy.

    Have a wonderful rest, and thank you for visiting on Instagram and my blog! HAppy Summer, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers and setting!
    Greetings from Greece,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Janet - how beautiful and lovely your outdoor table all decorated sitting beautifully among your incredible flowers!'

    Next time when you take table pics crouch down to be eye level with it also - gives a great perspective in photography - I'd love to see that, too.(Think your fav store cataloges on tablescapes for what I mean.)

    Love your pretty blog, always so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a dreamy tour of your gorgeous garde, Janet, and your lovely refreshment table. Your blog always gives me such a tranquil, peaceful feeling when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is just gorgeous! Such a lovely, inviting table! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Janet,
    I am visiting from The Enchanting Rose and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed browsing around your blog. Your garden is beautiful and serene. I live in the same state as you so it was fun to visit the garden of another NJ blogger.
    ~Dorene @ Seasonal Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow beautiful garden, lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful roses! Your outdoor refreshments are lovely! What a nice idea for a day working in the garden! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful roses and great garden place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your very diligent work has created a very special garden to relax in. Your roses and peonies are just beautiful. Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden is just so lovely. Your pale pink roses are my favorite and I am guessing some of them are English Roses. There is nothing like being in your own garden with hands in the soil of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving all the roses! So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Thursday Favorite Things :) Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Janet, so glad that you got to get away and visit family! Your garden is always delightful and your roses are heavenly! My rose garden is 3 years old and still struggling. Each year I lose a couple and none look real healthy. : ) I keep trying. I will NOT give up! lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts