Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Romance of Roses

I have a long long love affair with roses and since June is National Rose month, I though it was the perfect time to share a few of the roses that I picked from my garden a few days ago.  




The rose sure know how to make its entrance.  Our roses are in their full glory with pale pinks, creams, soft yellows and reds competing for attention and the spot for most spectacular.







They truly are summer's gift to all gardeners.  Roses will always elegantly grace any spot in a garden.  



Here I have paired my roses with my other favorite flower, Peonies.  Oh be still my heart.  It is hard to imagine a more beautiful setting.











I always find such joy in capturing the eternal loveliness and romance of roses.  Like little jewels in the garden, roses are add grace and plenty of vintage charm in any garden.   A true visual delight....

Incredibly, roses are more than just a beautiful flower.  Over the centuries, roses have been used for medicinal purposes, beauty products, and even cooking.

I wish you all a lovely and beautiful week.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thank you for stopping by my page today.

Hugs,

Janet





Joining the following lovely Linky Parties....


Dwellings-the Heart of You Home





The Enchanting Rose



Ivy and Elephants



ARTLFEATURED BUTTON-1


Tea Time Tuesday


H&GT BUTTON FALL




Rooted In Thyme






24 comments:

  1. Oh they are so beautiful. I forgot that June is National rose month. But it is also wedding month too, right? The two definetly go together. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are so gorgeous! What colors amiguita mia. Tu post es Hermosa, pero, todas son. Cada ves las creas mas bellas!
    I didn't know June was a rose month, I will tell my Bil who's got a rose farm.
    Feliz semana nueva.
    Besos y abrazos,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are stunning. The rose is my very favorite flower. I didn't know that June was National Rose Month. Although, I always have a bouquet or two in the house. thanks so much for hsaring this beautiful post.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. How sweet of you to stop by. You have gorgeous roses in your pretty garden too. Isn't great to be able to pick flowers from your own garden? I just love spring and summer. it is when the garden is most beautiful.

      Have a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Your roses are so pretty, thanks for sharing them for us to enjoy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia. Love your sweet visits.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Dearest Janet, how I love visiting you....your images always bring a smile to my face :) Thank you, dear one, for taking the time to make our days more beautiful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect post to enjoy on a rainy day! Love the combination of sort shades - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. Glad you enjoyed my photos.

      Have a great weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Your blooms and photos of them are GORGEOUS Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much June. Glad you stopped by. Have a great weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  8. Beautiful romantic rose pictures, I love these arrangements with the soft colours of roses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely thought a garden full of roses and peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos.. I enjoyed them very much I don't have Peonies and my Roses didn't do so hot.. though my rose bush at my mama's house is full of two tone roses.. Love thank you for sharing them with love Janice Have a great new week..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful, I enjoyed your pictures so very much. Pretty in Pink ~ Winsome in White ~ Oh, what a Delight! Have a lovely week ~ Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Roses and Peonies are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roses are my sister-in-laws favorite flowers. Your pictures are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, sweet Janet! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely and delightful post with Roses of Inspiration. Have a wonderful day, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely breathtaking! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here am I, dearest Janet, I can finally express all the joy that your roses give to my heart !
    They're so gorgeous, having them at home or in the garden I'm sure fills your heart with a deep gladness :)
    Have a blessed Sunday afternoon and new week ahead, dearie.
    With all my love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your roses are divine! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at the Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/make-it-pretty-monday-week-141.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Weekly Feature Series is live which you are a part of! Here is the link to the Series. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/weekly-feature-series.html Thank you for joining The Dedicated House. Have a great weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete