Spring's Blessings

Hello dear friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was busy as usual but spent working on a few fun projects and with loving family.  I have missed blogging and visiting you all a bit.  Work has been very demanding these days, mom is still recovering from her surgery, and we are also caring for my mother-in-law who will be with us until June.  So to say that life has been very busy for us in the last few months is an understatement.  So I stealing a few free quite moments to catch up with you all and to bring a bit of peace to my soul in the best way that I know how, sharing beauty and inspiration.

I have been anxiously waiting for our lilac bushes to bloom this year and this weekend, we were finally blessed with plenty.  I don't know what it is about this gorgeous flower but the mention of it brings visions of romantic garden scenes and loving memories of home.  When we purchased our home nine years ago, I did not realize that our garden had three of these magnificent lilac bushes.  It was only during our first spring in our home that I discovered the lovely bushes in our garden.  Once I saw laid eyes on their first blooms and smelled their heavenly scent, I was totally enamored for life. We had added a few since then and they are a priced treasure in our garden. 

Today, they take center stage in our garden and proudly display them through out our home where I can admire their beauty and smell their scent in every room.  Sadly, this flower is very short lived so the next two or three weeks will be all about lilacs.  Here are a few photographs of our white lilacs for you to enjoy.



























May the blessings of spring offer you happiness and inspiration this season.

Hugs,

Janet


Comments

  1. So sorry that you have been so busy and hopefully things will ease up for you. It's so hard when loved ones are ill. Hope they will be better soon.
    Your lilac's are stunning - I love them also, but they don't do well in CA. They need a frost and we sure don't get that here. In fact we did not have a winter at all.
    Enjoy your beautiful sweet smelling lilacs.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary,

      Thank you for your kind words. Things have been getting better. Mom is doing wonderful these days so that is all I need to make me feel happy.

      I have enjoyed my lilacs indeed. They are such a delicate and beautiful flower and their fragrance is just amazing. Too bad they only last a few weeks. I guess that is what makes them so special.

      I wish you a lovely weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Hello, dear Janet! I am so sorry you have been quite busy...I hope you're days are able to slow down soon :)

    Thank you for sharing such lovely photos. I can almost smell the sweet scent of the lilacs... Our will probably bloom in another 2 or 3 weeks - I can't wait!

    Enjoy the week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie,

      Things are slowly falling into place. Life is that way sometimes. Hopefully I can now catch up with the things that I enjoy to do. I hope your sweet grandpa is doing better.

      Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Ηi Janet! What a fragrant, restful nest to take a breath and feel appease from the hectic way of life we all suffer more or less.Lilacs are the highlight of the season,I love them too very much.
    Wish everything goes fine for you and your family.
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olympia,

      Things are slowly falling into place around here. Hopefully I will be able to relax a bit and catch up with the things that I enjoy to do.

      Thank you for your words of support and encouragement.

      Have a wonderful week,

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Your lilacs they are so pretty and make a very nice arrangement!
    Take care of yourself,too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. Your words are always appreciated.

      Blessings,

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Very sweet, Janet...beautiful china as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be kind to yourself and take frequent breaks to refresh your mind, body and soul...caregivers so often forget to "care" for themselves. Such pretty pictures I could just sit down at that little table. Your lilacs are gorgeous and I bet they smell heavenly! Blessings for you and your family ~ Mickie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU'RE A BLESSING to me, dearie, with everything you share, believe me !
    I'm sending love and prayers for your Mum and lots of hugs to you,
    have a wonderful continuation of the week
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dany. I do appreciate your beautiful and kind words. I am always touched by your sweet comments.

      Have a great week sweet friend.

      Janet

      Delete
  8. stunning images sweet Janet. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine. I do appreciate your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  9. I just love lilacs and the city closest to me, Rochester, NY, hosts the largest lilac festival in the world. They are magnificent! I had lilacs at my farmhouse that were gorgeous. The tree I planted at my current house just isn't living up to the beauty it can be. I need to replace it to bring that beauty, fragrance and spring feeling like you have, back into my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ann Marie,

      Wow, I did not know that they had a Lilac festival. I can just imagine the incredible beauty displayed at this festival. I am sure it also smells heavenly. Maybe if you move your lilac bush to a different area, it will be happier. Sometimes that helps. I hope you get to enjoy Lilacs in the near future. They are such an amazing flower.

      Wishing you a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  10. Simply gorgeous Janet! I had a white lilac at my previous home and loved it! It was actually a start from my sister's. Would like to find one to plant here. Love all of your pretty photos! Best of luck with all that's going on at your house! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Thanks for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts