Recipes ~ Mini Cheesecakes In Mason Jars

I love to entertain and I am always in the search for fun and easy recipes with lots of visual impact. Thank goodness for Pinterest.  I am totally addicted to this site.  I have so many boards already that I have lost count.  But it is without question a great place to find recipes.

Today, I am sharing a recipe for individual cheesecakes baked in Mason Jars which originally came from "The Italian Dish" blog.  These are just too cute and very easy to make.  Besides, I love the idea of having individual desserts.





 








Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Prep of the Jars:
You will need 12 4-ounce mason jars
Spray the mason jars with non-stick cooking spray, making sure to spray the bottoms and sides so the crust doesn't stick.
Blend the cookies, 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a mini chopper or food processor.  Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of the crumbs into the mason jars and tamp down to make the crust.  ( I used the top of a wooden honey dipper).












Cheesecake (Filling)Recipe:

  • 1 pound cream cheese, 2 (8-ounce) blocks, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • 1 sm. spoon lemon zest
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
  • 1 sm. spoon of corn starch
  • 2 cups of Vanilla Wafers (12 cookies ground)

Instructions:


In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped strawberries and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. The batter should be well-mixed but not over beaten. Pour the filling into the glass jars and bake for 30 minutes.
Be sure to set the jars in a large roasting pan.  Fill the pan with hot water halfway up the jelly jars and bake for 30 minutes.  Remove jars with tongs and place on a wire rack to cool.  Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours or over night.


Raspberry and Strawberry Sauce (Optional):

  • 1 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1 cup of fresh raspberries 
  • 1 Tbsp seedless strawberry jam
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract

In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on 
cheesecake.

Toppings: 

I used raspberries and blueberries as my toppings but you can use your favorite fruits here. 




Have fun and enjoy.

I wish you all a great rest of the week.

Janet

Comments

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Merci de partager avec nous ces petites douceurs !... L'impact visuel est bien présent et tous ces fruits me donnent l'eau à la bouche...

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Martine,

      Merci for such a sweet comment. I do love to read your beautiful and kinds words. Especially in French mon amie.

      Gros bisous to you too.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. They are so pretty, and I am sure they are tasty as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Su,

      Thank you for stopping by. The cheesecakes do taste yummy too and they are great to look at too. I do appreciate your visit.

      Have a great week,

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Oh Janet! Do you know how much I love cheesecake...? And I also adore individual desserts! I've been wanting to try out cheesecake in mason jars for such a long time, so seeing your lovely post has certainly inspired me to give them a try very soon!
    I am sure they tasted just as delicious as they looked!
    Have a blessed and truly beautiful day!
    Much love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sweet Kelly-Anne,

      That is wonderful. It makes me very happy to know that I have posted something that you have been wanting to try. These little cheesecakes are not only visually spectacular, but they also taste amazing. The recipe is easy and the fact that you get to enjoy your own little dessert makes it even better.

      I do hope you give it a try.


      Blessings and hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Great idea for a small gathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie. I do appreciate your visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Hallo Janet!
    Danke für deinen Besuch auf meinem Blog!
    Du hast hier so viele schöne Dinge, die ich mir erst mal in Ruhe anschauen werde !
    Herzliche Grüße aus Deutschland nach New Jersey!
    Alles Liebe von Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    this is a perfect spring recipe!!! Looks great and sounds wonderful. Yummmmmiiieee! Have to try them.
    Thank you and happy spring
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet,
    this is a perfect spring recipe!!! Looks great and sounds wonderful. Yummmmmiiieee! Have to try them.
    Thank you and happy spring
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea Janet! I'm not eating sweets at the moment, but I'm pinning this. Will be perfect for a party. Yes, Pinterest is wonderful. I try to limit my time there, as I could spend HOURS looking at all the beautifulness! Thanks so much for the recipe! May do it for Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Janet...I have a sweet surprise for you on my blog:)
    Blessings abd hugs!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Kelly-Anne, sounds like fun. I will take a peek.

      Janet

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh, what a fun idea! I am drooling just looking at your photos! Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert, I want to try making these for our next get together. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative, I love your little Cheesecakes in mason jars, they look and sound delicious. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet dessert. I have never heard of this but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do truly love these kind of desserts and often do them, my family like them especially in the warm season when we've got so much fruit from our orchard.
    You've always great ideas, sweetie !
    Have a wonderful continuation of the week, my dear
    With love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so lovely. Thanks for posting. Hello from Clever Chicks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts