Sunday, April 12, 2015

Creating A Romantic Spa Bathroom On a Budget

Having a limited budget, I am always thinking of creative ways for revamping and refreshing the rooms in our home without having to have a total overhaul.  Often times, I turn to paint, new window treatments, accessories, and storage pieces to add style and character at an affordable price.  This usually requires a few trips to my local fabric store, Home Goods, antiques shops and thrift stores looking for bargains and unique pieces. 

One of the rooms I recently worked on was our master bathroom.  Wanting to create a little refuge for relaxing, pampering and romance I turned to my favorite style which is classic French for inspiration. Tired of the outdated dark vanity in our bathroom and limited storage space, I knew that storage and lighter cabinets were priority for me.  So our big purchase was a new vanity from Lowes.  Staying with my French theme and looking, I selected a creamy white vanity and tall cabinet from Ikea which gave me the extra storage that I needed in my bathroom.

Lighting was also key for creating a soft and romantic atmosphere.  Thank goodness that my husband is an electrician so this saved us a ton.   We decided to use several types of lighting that we could control with a dimmer.  In addition to a gorgeous chandelier which became the focal point of the room.  It could not be a French room without a grand chandelier right???




For an accent piece, I chose a mirrored chest found on clearance at Home Goods which gave me added storage and a touch of glam to the room.  Lastly and very important for the look, were the accessories. As they say, it is all in the details.  A large glass mirror with silver and bronze detail was placed above the new vanity.  








  Mercury accessories, faux flowers and vintage pieces give the room romance and a feminine appeal.















For a little spa experience, I added scented candles, my favorite shower products and creams as well as apothecary jars that store essential items such as cotton balls, face wipes etc.  






 























I hope you enjoyed the tour of my bathroom makeover on a budget.  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  It is functional and beautiful.  But most of all, it is now the perfect place for me to unwind and relax.  It inspired me every morning.

Remember, updating doesn't have to always mean a complete renovation.  The only major purchase for us was the vanity.  Everything else is still the same.

It seems like things are finally getting back to normal for me.  Mom is getting much better and I am now starting to catch up with my posts, emails and comments.  I do appreciate all of you that visit me and I thank you for your constant support and inspiring words.

I wish you all a great week.

Hugs,

Janet




26 comments:

  1. Amiguita que hermosura te quedo todo! You have such an exquisite taste, everything is stunning, I am envious of your bathroom, as ,ine needs a total revamping. My hubby wants to do it all, but weve been having so much going on lately, so there hasn't been TIME since we have to do so much!
    The chandy is amazing and it gives it such elegance and beauty. Congrats!
    Gracias por visitarme y que bendicion que tu mamacita este tan major.
    Voy a visitor tu post 'famosa' antes de esta.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fabby,

      Como estas??? Tanto tiempo. Gracias por los alagos. I am so happy with my updated bathroom. I truly feel like an queen. I hope you get to do your too. I know it is a lot of work. You definitely need to be ready for the mess.

      I working on more projects around the house. There is always something to do.

      Thanks for visiting sweet friend. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. I love what you did. Which cabinet did you decide on from Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Su. Thank you very much. The tall cabinet in my bathroom is from Ikea. I love it because it gave me so much extra storage.

      Have a good weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. I admire you with what you have done with your bathroom, it looks magnificent, romantic and relaxing. So nice to have a rich feeling in a low budget bathroom. Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janneke, I am very happy with the final results. I truly feel like a queen in my updated bathroom.

      Thanks for visiting. I do appreciate your lovely comment.

      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. It's simply GORGEOUS, Janet, I'm breathless, believe me !
    Thank you for all this beauty, you've found a wonderful way to refresh your master bathroom, it's amazing !
    The thing I like more in everything you do is the great attention you pay to details, even the littlest one, and that's why everything becomes so precious and unique !!!!
    Have a lovely new week, my dearest and sweetest friend,
    sending much love
    xoxox
    dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have made such a lovely job of your bathroom. I love all you've done,so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, I can almost smell a lavender scented bubble bath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So romantic and lovely!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant looking! Looks like you spent a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very beautiful! I love the chandy and the drapes pulled back with pearls! What girl wouldn't enjoy this? Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and romantic, so many pretty touches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such lovely words. I do appreciate your visit.

      Wishing you a lovely weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  11. Very beautiful Janet! Feels like I am on a spa retreat. Love it!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job. It feels warm and cozy and beautiful with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is one of the most beautiful and ladylike bathrooms I have seen! It breaths with elegance and beauty, creating an ethereal and romantic mood. Every little detail is perfectly fitted and makes this a truly unique room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful job you did on the bathroom. just looking at what you have done looks relaxing ...enjoy! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Janet, I am still drooling! Such a lovely and romantic makeover! Thank you for sharing your beautiful style with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful and romantic Janet! I love all the details, including those pearl tie-backs and the beautiful chandy. I spy some YSL lippies, too, yummy! You've inspired me to see how I might fancy-up my bath!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE your redo bathroom! will feature it on my Fabulous Friday this week, please stop by and thanks for sharing this post at my last party
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! The decorations and style of your bathroom are so elegant and sweet. The color blendings are so catchy and light. There are lots of things in there, but you arranged and organized them well. I'm sure you're so happy with the turnout. You did an outstanding job on your bathroom, Janet! Thanks for giving us a lovely tour! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  20. a decoração do seu banheiro é muito romantico e bonito! Você tem um bom gosto!
    Att: Dora.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was looking for articles on Spa in Dubai and I came across yours inspiring read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete