Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Growing China Collection

Hello world.  I hope your week is going well.  We are in the middle of another wintry mess today could you believe???  Another blast of snow and ice.  It appears that winter wants to hang around a while longer.  What does one have to do to bring a bit of warmth and sunshine in these parts???  I guess moving to a warmer climate would be one solution right???  Something to think about for sure.

Today, I am sharing a few photos of my growing china collection.  Although I don't consider myself a collector but rather an admirer of beauty and fine design.  It is an appreciation for detail, history and patina. But more than that, I love making use of  my vintage pieces.  These beautiful pieces are durable and were meant to be used.

I find myself drawn to delicate floral designs.  Often I tend to gravitate to pieces with a soft and feminine color palette.  My collection today includes many pieces made in the city of Limoges, France.  




This pattern made by T & V is a perfect example of fine craftmanship and design.  So many lovely details.  I only have two of these tea cups in my collection and I consider them to be one of my favorite treasures.  I hope to find a few more pieces in this pattern someday.

























  


I also have many English pieces by Royal Doulton,and Royal Albert.  The tea cups below are by Royal Doulton in the rare Gleneagles pattern. I was lucky enough to find a complete set at my local thrift shop a couple of years ago.  It is permanently displayed in my china cabinet.




Another favorite pattern is this blue and white set by English maker Royal Staffordshire in the highly collectible Charlotte pattern.



Here is a tea cup by American maker Pope Gosser in the Rose Point pattern.









Another pattern by Homer Laughlin.  Eggshell Georgian.





Today, we are lucky enough to find many of these gorgeous pieces at thrift shops, flea markets and antique shops.  I consider scouring these places a sport.   Maybe it's my love for a touching story or a link to the past, but my heart sighs when I come across a new treasure.  There is something about an old piece that balances my fast-paced life.   And although these pieces appear to be delicate and dainty, they are surprisingly strong and durable.  They are also an inexpensive way to add color and charm to your home decor or table.  Your home will be that much lovelier.

Are you a collector too??  What speaks to your heart???

I hope you enjoyed the peek of my growing collection of vintage china.

Thank you for visiting me today.

Fondly,

Janet

  

35 comments:

  1. A Beautiful collection of china! The pink, green and blues are all my favorite colors and are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. Glad you enjoyed my china collection.

      Janet

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sylvia. I am glad you enjoyed my china collection.

      Wishing you a lovely week,

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post.
    You a girl after my own heart.
    I too, love antique and vintage china. It all started with a vintage tea cup and saucer..... then on to tea pots..... then full sets. I now have so many I have to store some away and switch them out with the seasons and holidays.
    They are so versatile. They look great on the dining table but also make great decorative pieces. I display them in some way in almost every room in the house. In the usual places like the hutch and corner cabinet and.... I hang a lot of antique plates on the wall instead of framed art. I use the chipped or broken pieces in my mosaic art.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Will visit again soon.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth,

      It is wonderful to find someone as passionate about vintage china as I am. I don't feel as guilty knowing that you are equally obsessed...lol. I switch them up too. They give lots of character and charm to my home. I hang them around too. They are wonderful to look at and their beauty inspires me everyday.

      Please do visit again. I look forward to reading another wonderful and lovely comment from you.

      Wishing you a great weekend.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Janet, you have a lot of really beautiful china! I too am fond of the delicate floral patterns. I like your pretty blue 'Charlotte' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a sucker for fine bone china. I love the pink and green set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every piece of your china patterns are simply beautiful and you pick the most loveliest, ever! I'm a china fool myself, I can't wait till they call me for more transferware. ..but yours are splendid!
    Abrazos amiguita y siga la coleccion, jajaja
    Como esta tu mamita? Siempre rezando por ella.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have found some truly gorgeous china and the settings are just stunning...I am partial to the beautiful cream and green transferware...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your china collection! It's all so pretty and looks so nice with the pearls. It's great and must be fun shopping for it all. We had a snow all day here and no signs of spring! Have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to collect China, I love to look at it. It makes me sad that so many now use paper plates and plastic. Oh its pretty but........my heart sings when I find something pretty at a thrift store, or garage sale, I sometimes, not often, but at antique shops. I love your collection, its so lovely. I am originally from England and so it reminds me of home, of childhood, of family..........lovely post
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet! Your collection is gorgeous. And wow, those pictures! You are so talented at photography. I usually prefer English china, but your Limoges is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janet, how pretty your collection is. I love anything thing with roses on it.
    I hate to tell you about our beautiful weather as I feel so bad for everyone having to endure the winter storms. We had a beautiful day today with a nice breeze.
    Thanks so much for sharing all your beautiful dishes.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a collection! Your china and the photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Janet, what a beautiful, beautiful array of china you have. It was so much fun to look at them all--ESPECIALLY that pink and green place setting. That is absolutely beautiful beyond words!! I'm so glad I didn't miss this post! :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Janet, what a beautiful, beautiful array of china you have. It was so much fun to look at them all--ESPECIALLY that pink and green place setting. That is absolutely beautiful beyond words!! I'm so glad I didn't miss this post! :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  14. PRETTY!!!! Your china pieces are absolutely gorgeous! I love that tablescape - oh green on a table is my favorite. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your china collection is outstanding Janet! Every piece has its unique charme and beauty and you know very well how to set the prettiest table!
    Happy weekend!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an impressive an beautiful collection! I couldn't even pick a favorite!
    I would love it if you would stop by my blog and link up to the Something to Talk About link party!
    We run Monday's 6am- Thursday!
    Have a great weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh a woman after my own heart! I love using little bits and pieces of my "collection" in most of my displays and vignettes. Yours are all magnificent and you turned me on to some patterns I've never seen before! All perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous! You have some enviable pieces. I think my favorite is the photo with the green plate and saucer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so enjoy watching your collection grow. Thanks for the peek of Spring. CherryKay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful collections!! Floral patterns are my favorites and I love the hunt, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charming and beautiful china collection you have there!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have a beautiful collection of china and so nicely displayed too!

    You probably already know that I love collecting china as well.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Janet, you have some treasures there! Love the Stafforshire, it's sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Janet, you have a gorgeous collection! The am always attracted to the floral and very seldom can pass them up. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I am delighted to know that you enjoy my china collection. It is always a pleasure to join your fun party each week.


      Happy Easter.

      Janet

      Delete
  25. I love all your patterns.. I love Homer Laughlin and the Tea cup Royal Doulton is lovely I just went to find one online.. I love it.. thank you for sharing Happy Wednesday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  26. What gorgeous china! I love the jewelry napkin rings too! Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sherry. Thank you for visiting me. I do appreciate your kind words. It is always my pleasure to join your beautiful party.

      I make the napkin rings featured on my post. You are welcome to browse through our page napkinringbling.com

      Happy Spring...

      Janet

      Delete
  27. Your china is very beautiful. The Limoge is exquisite, and I love the blue and white English china too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Su. I do appreciate your sweet comment. I just love all the beauty vintage has to offer.

      Janet

      Delete
  28. Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I do appreciate your kind words.

      Janet

      Delete