Past Perfection

Hello everyone.  I hope your weekend is off to a nice start.  I just wanted to pop in to share a few photos that I took last weekend while organizing my collection of vintage linens.  

Many beautiful items complete my collection of treasured pieces that I own but vintage linens are my all time favorite ones to collect.   I consider them my "forever to keep" pieces.  



Crisp, white lines always catch my eyes.  I love collecting placemats and napkins to dress my table.







I often wonder of their journey.  The stories passed on from owner to owner.  



  



Vintage silver and linens are always perfect together.   Instruments of equal importance for creating a captivating table.  Each offering a supporting role.







Recently, I have been drawn to collecting transferware.  The quality and beauty of this china is unmatched.   










As delicate and dainty as these antique pieces appear, they are sturdy and meant to be used.  Perfectly functional and with plenty of years and beauty to share.  To me, this is Past Perfection.  

Thank you for stopping by today.  Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Janet


Comments

  1. I don't think it's possible to have too many linens and doilies....do you? :) Dearest Janet, your posts are always beautiful and inspiring. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! You have some truly beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely! You have some truly beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed Past Perfection, these are the right words. I love old linen and silver and transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old linens and Lace and transferware. I look for them when I'm out shopping thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful vintage linens and you have arranged them for the photos most beautifully! Nice transferware too, and silverware! I just posted a Valentine post with some of my vintage lace pieces, I hope you'll stop by and take a look.
    Happy February!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your post on these beautiful Linens, Silverware and Transferware. Woman of the past did not have the convenience of laundry as we do today; but yet they had beautiful linens that they kept pristine white and ironed. I am always intrigued by their lifestyles. Love that you do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, as always....pearls always take them over the top for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some very lovely pieces. They don't make the beautiful linens that they used to. I have some also and I treasure them too,
    Have a wonderful week,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, your linens are beautiful, and I love the way you photographed them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and romantic. I love old linens- new ones can't compare! Susan @ Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favourite to collect too. While scrolling through your photo's I could smell the scent of freshly laundered linen,nothing quite like it,especially when sprinkled with lavender water.
    jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I have only a small collection, but I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm about to swoon from looking at your beautiful linens! You truly have some lovely pieces. I'm also a recent convert to transferware, though my little collection is, well, very little . . . But I have every hope of adding to it! So many things to collect . . . So little time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the old soft white antique lines also and since I collected so many I have sold some at yard sales.
    They just look pretty in any room of our houses,
    your's are so pretty with that transferware gravy boat. transferware catches us all at one time or another

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, dearest Janet, your old linens are so wonderful !
    And in your lovely photographs everything is enriched with a touch of good taste that's a 'joy to enjoy', believe me !!!
    Thank you so very much, my sweetest friend, I hug you while wishing a wonder-filled new week.
    With much love ❤
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how pretty! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts