Sunday, January 25, 2015

Saturday At Home

It is Saturday....  Chilly and snowy conditions persist through the remainder of the weekend, perfect for being indoors.  And if there was any question about the cold temperatures, the view from my window confirms that I am better off staying warm and cozy in the house. 

Feeling focused and happy, I am doing a little cleaning and re-organizing around the kitchen. Cleaning cabinets, dusting china and re-arranging accessories so that I can admire my favorite objects each and everyday.  They are after all the very objects that start my day.  What my eyes fix  on each morning as I enjoy my warm cup of coffee.

Like my pretty bust which I have lovingly named Mina, reminds me of  all things delicate and classically elegant.  These dried hydrangeas that came from my sister-in-laws garden arranged in a eye catching vintage pitcher warm the heart and satisfy my need to be surrounded by flowers. Classic antique white plates from Mikasa are used on a daily basis.   They are both modern and traditional and can easily transform a table from casual to very sophisticated.  















Linens in easy fabrics such as cotton paired with vintage flatware give my kitchen charm and a livable quality.  






I do appreciate beautiful pieces..  That is why I keep a few of these charming little creamers in my collection.   They are excellent for serving syrups, milk and sauces.  Plus they make everything appear a little glamorous.






And why not listen to some pretty music while making your home home pretty and tidy.  



This was the view from my window today......  No sun in sight today...  Frigid winds have arrived.  The landscape has changed and it is time for nature to sleep. 




We sit and wait for spring to arrive once again.


That was my day friends.  Blessings and may your week be a great one.

Janet

18 comments:

  1. Love the Paris photo's, I can see myself sitting at that table having a cup of Tea, without the snow.
    The silverware in the white pitcher is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. So glad you stopped by. I am not a fan of the snow either. I am dreaming of spring right now.

      Happy Sunday.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. I love the dried flowers; and your little white creamers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Janet. Love all your pretty things...how delightful to sit and have a cup of tea or coffee with all your pretties.
    Sounds like you really enjoyed your day. I see by the new you are in for a very bad storm with lots of snow . Stay warm and cozy.
    Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, as always, Janet. Stay safe and cozy during your winter storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon soon my dear it will arrive once again... just keep dreaming of it's arrival .. such pretty things you have shared with us I love it all.. Stay warm and cozy.. with love Janice Occa home and Mollegaarden are the places I ordered the Green gate from.. Have a lovely new week..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely; your posts are always just lovely. The china, silver, linens, and Mina all add gracious elegance to your home. I have some dried hydrangeas from my garden, too. Don't they dry beautifully? I also have that Paris CD :)
    Stay warm and safe during the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree with Deborah - your posts area always so lovely, dear Janet! You share the most delightful china, linens, doilies, and pearls and the words that grace your posts are beautiful.

    Thank you so much for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Stay warm, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel amazed more and more when I come and visit you, my dearest friend, I'm so grateful for these precious moments !
    I've heard that your winter is quite cold this year, so stay at home, in your lovely cozy nest, if you can, take care !
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post. And your silverware is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, warm and cozy! I love staying indoors on cold, frigid days.....only 60 more to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How Lovely! Love if you stop by My Fabulous Friday Party and Share your beautiful treasures. thanks Maria http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-23/

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! Love the pitcher ant te little creamers...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vignettes. I wish we had some of your snow. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit Katherine. I am done with the snow all ready. Looking forward to nicer weather.

      Happy Sunday.

      Janet

      Delete
  14. Its Fabulous Friday Party and love if you stop by and share another beautiful post like your lovely hydrangea flowers! Maria http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-24/

    ReplyDelete