Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tablescapes ~ Christmas Table Inspiration

Happy weekend everyone.  I hope you are all finished with your holiday decorations.  I am so glad to be done with mine.  I have now moved on to gathering ideas for setting the table for the various gatherings that will take place during holiday season.  And it is my favorite thing to do next to baking Christmas cookies.  

My first table is inspired by all the traditional festive colors of the holiday season. Reds, and greens layered on top of a simple creamy white tablecloth,  How predictable right???  As much as I love a soft and warm color palette, I do enjoy a table with the traditional colors of the season.  It just puts me in the Christmas mood somehow.




For this fun and festive table, I started with chargers purchase from the Christmas Shop last 
year.  The cream plates with the holy accents are by Grace and were purchased from Home Goods as well as the red Goblets. The green goblets were purchased from the Dollar Store a couple of years ago.   The napkins are from Pier 1 Imports and the little stockings are from Pottery Barn.
  



It is a table overflowing with whimsy and charm. .  Perfect for inviting friends and family for a relaxed and fun evening..




Snippets of holly tucked on the baby stocking enhance each place setting..





I love to entertain in this breakfast room because it has plenty of natural light.




This room has a round table accommodates four.








To give a little festive and whimsical touch to the napkins, I made a simple bow with red and white gingham ribbon to bring.

This is one of a few holiday table settings that I am sharing with you for a little inspiration this season.  I have a few more that I will be featuring within the next few weeks.

Thanks for visiting and may you all have a great week.

Janet  




29 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely tablescape. Everything looks so good together - love all the dishes. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your next Christmas post.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet! Beautiful table setting! Lots of inspiration there. Lucky you on being done with your Christmas shopping! I on the other hand am not, I've got to get on the ball right?
    Have a great week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Janet! Glad you are done with your decorating, wish I could say the same! :). Let's Dish will be open Wed at 7 if you have a table to link. Enjoy the week , such a busy but wonderful time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tablescape to - thoughtful and elegant.
    This year I'm going for the understated look (lots of white) with traditional Christmas colours for the table. Our large wooden, white Christmas tree stands on a circular mirror and has only one decoration - a red heart. I wove the door wreath from the canes from our grape vines. It too has only one adornment - a hand made fabric bird. My New Year's resolution is to simplify my life and I'm using Christmas as a trial. Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love! Absolutely gorgeous. Like you I love traditional colors and I use a lot of red and white for tablescapes during the holidays. Lovely pattern too. Enjoy the season.......................

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, I enjoy the color of Christmas as well,, you table is beautiful.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet, Thank you so much for you lovely comments on my blog
    Your table is so pretty I love all the dishes I love the traditional Christmas red white and green
    I enjoy traditional Christmas.
    Merry Christmas!! and Happy Holidays!!!
    Blessing
    Isora
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Janet...so very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tablesetting in traditional colours, just what I like most. And the babystockings with holly, so very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your table, Janet, I enjoy creating a new tablescape even if I'm not having anyone over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Janet; traditional, but the sage green in the plates and napkins makes it also seem fresh. I love roses at Christmas, and the little stockings and napkin ties add a nice touch of whimsy. I love the holly sprigs too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, sweet Janet! You have created another beautiful table setting. You are right, it is full of whimsy and charm :) The little stockings are simply adorable.

    Happy Monday to you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet,
    I love your gorgeous red and green tablescape. Such pretty china! It is all so very festive! Amazing what you can find at the Dollar Store. The goblets look very expensive. Your snippets of holly add such perfection. Your roses are beautiful and your Xmas tree in the previous post is spectacular! Merry Christmas! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous red and greens, beautiful plates and chargers and precious, little stockings accenting each place setting....I love it all!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JP. You are very sweet. I have missed your visits. Happy holidays.

      Janet

      Delete
  15. The view through the windows and this festive table setting are exquisite!
    Greetings from me
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olympia. I do appreciate your visit. Happy holidays.

      Janet

      Delete
  16. Your table is beautiful, and I love the centerpiece where you have incorporated the vintage crochet piece. You just gave me a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy to hear that you picked up a great idea for your table. That is exactly why I love blogland. We inspired each other. Your comment is very sweet and truly appreciated. Happy holidays,

      Janet

      Delete
  17. A very refined look. Love each and every ornament!!! ❄❄❄

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Helene. Your lovely comment is truly appreciated. Happy holidays.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with this table. Love that red and green together. The plates are fabulous.
    http://happywonderer.com/2014/12/16/the-preparations/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty table with the traditional colors of this holiday! Very pretty plates. The other day I made "Rosemary and Thyme" butter, which was fabulous on carrots!! Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the adorable PB stockings and the sage green napkins with the gingham check are a perfect combo! Beautiful!
    Shelia
    House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really pretty! How did I miss this one!? I love how everything plays do beautifully together, especially those darling napkins with gingham!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This traditional tablescape is so very beautiful, as everything we can see everytime we come and visit you here ... the Beauty dwells with you, inside your home and your heart, my dearest friend !
    Thank you so very much, be blessed !!
    Have a serene weekend
    With love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tablescape! Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your table! The touch of the gingham bow is perfect! Great job! Beautiful. Dishes!

    ReplyDelete