Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Our Christmas Tree

Hello to you all.  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  The weather has been a bit frightful around here.  Cold, windy and even a few snow flurries.   BRRR!!!

Today, I just wanted to share a few photographs of our Christmas tree in the living.  The pictures are not as clear as I would like them to be but I want it to share them with you all anyway.  I have always decorated our tree in the traditional seasonal reds, golds and greens but this year, I wanted our tree to match the soft neutral tones in our living room which are browns, creams and golds.  I had already planned on making the change last year so I picked up all the ornaments at Target during their after Christmas sale last year and purchased them at 60% off. 








The mercury glass ornaments and the ribbon add the finishing touch.  The ribbon I bought this year at Michaels, using a coupon of course. 




I love the added touch of gold on this ribbon.  And the rhinestone snowflake is an old ornament.








I even added willow branches to give it a natural feel.




And the star of the show, my new Downton Abbey ornament found at my favorite interior design shop.  It is perfect.




Thank you for stopping by today.  May you all have a great rest of the week.

Janet

14 comments:

  1. Good evening, dear Janet! Your Christmas tree is quite lovely with the neutral colors and the ribbon is such a pretty touch.

    Thank you for sharing with us - I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photos. Have a wonderful remainder of your week! Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. So happy to read your sweet comment.

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful, Janet! The colors are so calming, just what we need this time of year. Love the Downton Abbey orb!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marigene,

      Thank you.for visiting me. I do appreciate your sweet words.

      Janet

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monica. I appreciate your visit.

      Janet

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your beautiful decorated tree with us, I love these browns, creams and golds. Such fun to have a Downtown Abbey ornament, but the old rhinestone snowflake ornament is my favourite beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so lovely and you did a beautiful job decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tree! I remember one year decorating our tree to match our living room, I just loved it, but my husband missed all the ornaments with memories, so I never did it again. Now the tree in our master bedroom goes along with the decor. Isn't it a joy decorating? :-)
    Merry Christmas!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love trees that complement the colour scheme of a room - your is beautiful. Clearly decorated with much thought and love. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Janet, it is a pleasure to visit you today : )
    Your tree looks amazing this year (last year too!). Your new colors and ornaments are fab, and what a bargain. I love mercury glass ornaments too. That ribbon is quite special. You really know how to do a tree! Oh and your new DA ornament! I never knew they made them! Lucky girl : )
    Wishing you all the magic of the season!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfectly delightful tree! The Downton Abbey ornament is so much fun! Enjoy your holidays.

    Vickie @ Tea Cups & Toadstools

    ReplyDelete