Friday, October 17, 2014

Vintage Beautiful

Hello sweet friends.  It is finally Friday....  Oh how I love my weekends.  Especially after a very hectic and tough week.   But it looks like the weekend will be a pleasantly wonderful one.  I am looking forward to going to the annual cranberry festival in Chatsworth, NJ tomorrow which should be full of lots of activities and fun.  And I hope your weekend is a fun and happy one too.

Today I am sharing a few pictures of my tea for one.  If you follow my blog, you know that I am crazy about vintage china.  For years I have been a collector and I now have a pretty large collection of plates and tea cups that I love to use on a regular basis.  My favorite ones to collect are the floral patterns in pastel colors with pretty feminine details such as the Homer Laughlin Eggshell Chateau pattern featured below.

And with all the craziness of daily life, I always try to give myself that bit of time to unwind with a little sweet treat and a cup of tea or coffee.  It just does wonders for me.  I find it very relaxing in creating an elegant and feminine escape for enjoying a few quiet moments.









I always have fresh flowers around the house.  They always make me happy.




Lovely vintage linens are always a must.  They add instant elegance to any table.








This lovely napkin ring was custom made from a cameo jewelry piece purchased at Michael's.  Isn't this the perfect feminine accent.  




So delicate and romantic.

















Sometimes we deserve to take that extra step to turn an ordinary moment into a little magical celebration.  Thanks for visiting me today.  I am so glad you came.


Janet


20 comments:

  1. How beautiful...and, yes, it does wonders for our soul to have just a few minutes with beautiful things...and good food with our tea or coffee.
    Here from Rose Garden...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, you always showcase my favorite things, pearls, vintage china and linens, and roses. Everything looks lovely, the blue of the china and embroidered on the linens is so pretty and feminine. Love the silver, too. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tea time ....love the linens and china and great idea for the napkin rings,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely Lady! Your pictures are always full of beauty and they truly inspire me. Everything is simply perfect :) And may I say that the napkin ring is stunning!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, you setting is all in beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea posts are lovely as is your whole blog. Tea for one is a very good thing! I love tea and everything lovely too, so come on over to my blog for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, I am impressed, a beautiful tea table.!!!!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous china and linen. I collect Homer Laughlin too and have a few pieces from that collection. Your napkin ring is the perfect complement to the linen and dishes. It all looks so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty,I love blue,it's so fresh. Nothing like a cup of tea in real fine china.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is very beautiful indeed!
    Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love Homer! I have the same pattern, but I don't have the plates.
    It makes such a lovely setting. :)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Homer aughlin is indeed a favorite of mine too. Such pretty patterns! Love your pretty setting. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely tea for one and I admired the napkin and cameo napkin ring in each photo - very feminine indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty. Swooning over the linens. I haven't been to the Cranberry Festival or the Barnegat Bay Decoy and Gunning Show in quite a few years. I'm sure you'll find lots of good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan,

      Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me your sweet comments. I do appreciate it. I am crazy about vintage linens and the ones featured on my post are very dear to me. Festivals are always so much fun. I look forward to my local ones every year.

      Wishing you a great week.

      Janet

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. I do appreciate your visit.

      Wishing you a wonderful week,

      Janet

      Delete
  16. Hi Janet,
    Everything is soooo elegant and beautiful! Love that pale blue china! Your berries look yummy too! Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet! They say a beauty is in details, and you have lots of lovely details here. I would gladly join you for such a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! The cameo and napkin is outstanding, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete