The Versatile Accent Chair


Accent chairs are absolutely an essential part of any room.  They can be used to spice up a room or add texture and personality to a space.  Chairs can also be used to fill up those areas of a room that look a bit plain.

The options are endless my friends.  My favorite way to use an accent chair is to add a splash of bold color and visual interest in a room.

A perfect example is the room pictured below.  There is nothing color-shy about this room.  It is simply stunning.  Chic and modern with contemporary pieces that pull the room together without being overly done.  The pink chairs add that unexpected splash of color that create instant drama in the room.





In addition to adding appeal to a room, accent chairs should also be comfortable and inviting. Club Club chairs with an ottoman are a great choice.  The arrangement below is perfect for a guest room or just for curling up with a book or cup of  tea.







The Classic Wingback Chair




Wing chairs are elegant and add a touch of formality to any room.  Their generous size of a wingback chair makes it the perfect partner for as large sofa and it can give the room a sense of balance and scale.  They can be very neutral and basic as well as bold for adding that pop of color to your decor. Also pay attention to the details in the room.  They all have a supporting role in completing the design of a room.    




A classic wingback chair upholstered in a bright fuchsia color cleverly arranged in a modern setting. Beautiful, practical and functional.








Classic style in a perfect neutral tone works in any room.  









The Classic French Chair





Everything in this room seems to work together to create an elegant and stunning look.




Exquisite old-world charm that give a room timeless elegance.













A floral fabric can give the room an authentic French Country feel.




A magnificent example of classic time-worn comfortable French Country style.






 



The curves on this chair make it feminine and very elegant.




A tribute to the glamorous "Great Gatsby" era.  



The Regal Bergere Chair





A comfortable and inviting seating room.  Great for gathering and conversation.




I guess by now you can tell that I have a bit of a chair crush with these beauties.  If I could dream up the perfect romantic chair it would be the one pictured below.  A true elegant and feminine accent chair which dresses one of lovely vintage style bedrooms in our home.




Which one is your favorite style?  What look appeals to you?  The perfect accent chair is out there waiting to be incorporated into a fabulous design.  Whether it is found at a local thrift shop, flea market or garage sale, an accent chair can be a focal point in a room.

I always value my sources of inspiration.  Sometimes they can come from other bloggers, magazines, design books, and other times they can come from a great design website such as "One Kings Lane" I love their recent blog post highlighting accent chairs they love.  "Accent Chairs 101".   You can visit their blog for more great decorating ideas and inspiration.  I have attached their link below.




Here is also a link to One Kings Lane page for a peek at all of their great accent chair styles.   




Disclosure

Most of the photos used for this post came from Pinterest, One Kings Lane and my own collection.  I am not affiliated or compensated by One Kings Lane.





Thank you for visiting me today.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Janet


Comments

  1. Great post, Janet! You may know I myself have a chair fetish, and this was like a nice bag of (eye) candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those neutral wing backs, as well as the French country and your own beautiful pale blue chair. I'm not a fan of super bright or modern pieces, although I can appreciate them in other homes. Nice pictures, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a beautiful accent chair and these are all great ones. Each one adds its own character to the room it is in - love the ones you chose. Thank you so much for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' all those chairs. I have had some pinned to my boards already! Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my dear Janet, what a charm !
    I do love armchairs, especially those in French style, and here you've shared some of them that I do really adore !!
    Thank you, my sweet friend !!

    Sending hugs
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniela, Sorry for the delayed response but I have been very busy these days. I have missed seeing your beautiful comments recently but I know we all have very busy schedules that prevent us from blogging often.

      I am glad you stopped by. Wishing you a lovely week.

      Janet

      Delete
  6. De très jolies bergères ♥♥♥ !

    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci. Thank you for your visit. Your visit made me very happy.

      Wishing you a beautiful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. Such an outstanding collection of chairs in your post here! I will be referring to this post as I work to refinish our lower seating room! Thank you for the inspiration!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that you share the great ideas. I like purple accent chair.
    alandawn @decorcrave.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts