The Gardens At Nemours Mansion

Hi everyone...  I hope you are all had the chance to enjoy this amazing weekend.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  Warm, sunny and bright.  A perfect summer weekend although it is now fall but I am not going to complain about it.  And it seemed as if everyone was out trying to catch those last warm sunny days around here.

Yesterday, we visited the spectacular Nemours Mansion and Gardens in Wilmington, Delaware. Former home of Alfred and Alicia DuPont.   The mansion design of the mansion is in the late-18th- century style and was built by Carrere and Hastings, a prestigious New York architectural firm.  It is truly a work of art.  A labor of love and a true homage to Mr. DuPont's French roots.

The estate has the most developed and largest French Formal Gardens in North America.   The design was patterned after the gardens of Versailles surrounding the Petit Trianon at the Chateau de Versailles.  The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plantings, fountains, pools, a carillon tower, statuary and a pavilion surrounded by naturalized woodlands.

What a gorgeous home and spectacular gardens.  So much beauty and history to enjoy.  Timeless style and breathtaking splendor.































































































I hope you enjoyed the tour sweet friends.

Wishing you a  lovely Sunday.

Janet

Comments

  1. I have been there twice at Christmas but never during the Spring or Fall. Have to do that, it is a half hour from me!!!! BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must visit in the fall Pinky. These gardens are magnificent now. I understand that they will be doing candle light tours for Christmas. I have never been there at Christmas so this will be extra special for me this year. Lucky you for being so close to these gorgeous historic homes and gardens.

      Thanks for visiting.. Have a wonderful week.

      Janet

      Delete
  2. What a spectacular place! The building, grounds, flowers and hardscaping is unbelievable. Your pictures are so clear and perfect. Looks like you had a lovely day for photos. I would love to come here some day. The gardens are so lovely and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Quel Grandeur'! I enjoyed this post so much, the pictures are wonderful and the garden a magnificent place to visit. The style is even more baroque then renaissance, real Italian style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW beautiful place and photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nemours is amazing! I live only 20 minutes north of this gorgeous place, and just across the way from another local beauty, Longwood Gardens. We feel very blessed to have the great fortune to live in an area brimming with so much eye candy and things to do. Read that you are from NJ. We grew up in the towns of Moorestown and Mt. Laurel, in central NJ. Glad we are just 50 minutes away, as I'd really miss visiting our families, Moorestown and Haddonfield, the shore, and all the other fun places over there. It's funny, we still run over to Mrs. Roselli's ItalianFoods and our favorite farmers markets because we know everyone there so well. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bobbi. Sorry for my delayed response but I have been extremely busy this month and I am just catching up with my emails. I have to agree with you Bobbi, that entire area near Longwood Gardens is exceptionally beautiful. You are indeed very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. We frequent this area very often. Longwood is one of our very favorite spots to visit in the spring and summer and now during Christmas. We also love Glen Mills. Specifically Terrain. Such a gorgeous store with an amazing restaurant. We live very close to Moorestown and Mt. Laurel. Another set of gorgeous zip codes aren't they.

      Thank you for your visit. Please do come to visit soon.

      Hugs,

      Janet

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous place, my dear Janet, I wonder what a lovely time you've spent in those amazing gardens !
    I thank you so much because you let me know some aspects of your land I didn't know at all, sweet friend, in such a delightful style, furthermore !
    I wish you a wonderful end of the week, darling
    With love
    xo
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you stop by to look at my photos. We do have some very lovely and beautiful places here in the US. I am always doing research on historic sites that I can visit and explore. I am hoping to make it to Italy someday. It is on my wish list.

      You are a true sweetheart Dany. Thank you for your kind words.

      Janet

      Delete
  7. O my its just beautiful... I would love to have been there with you.. I want to come back and look at the photos again... In a rush this morning.. Lovely have a wonderful day.. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I love reading your sweet comments. It would have such a pleasure to have you there with us too.

      Wishing you a beautiful week,

      Janet

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts